ESL bake off

RobHolt

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2006
East London
AKA
Rob
Just interest checking, but lots of people ask about the sound of ESLs and ESL63s and since I have both here and use the latter as my main loudspeaker, perhaps a few wammers would like to come and listen.

Small room so capped at three people + me.

Looking at Late Sept and I'm in Walthamstow East London.

Plenty of beer and food naturally.

More 'come listen to some ESL63s' really and a chance for a chinwag :)

whizzkid

I told you it wasn't important
Wammer
Dec 30, 2006
Earth 2
AKA
Slartibartfast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is that the same pair I listened to Rob? I'd like to hear them again and of course see how you are in the process.

RobHolt

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2006
East London
AKA
Rob
Hi Dean,

I don't think I had ESL63s then so must have been ESL57 and possibly the Tannoy Super Gold 12s.

Be great to see you and catch up.

Looking like weekend of the 28/29th Sept.

whizzkid

Wammer
Dec 30, 2006
Earth 2
AKA
Slartibartfast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Dean,I don't think I had ESL63s then so must have been ESL57 and possibly the Tannoy Super Gold 12s.

Be great to see you and catch up.

Looking like weekend of the 28/29th Sept.
That's it! trust me to not know my 63's from my 57's eh! be great to hear the "newer" version anyway.

RobHolt

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2006
East London
AKA
Rob
OK lets do Saturday and a noon kick off.

I'll PM details later.

Bloody hell a consensus on the WAM.
I joined the WAM about 7 years ago but hardly posted until the past month or so, using another large forum for my daily fix.

Must say i'm impressed with this place. Seems fun with the right mix of gentle ribbing and serious stuff.

If anyone else wants an ESL bake day, please add comments and we can always follow up with another session :)

flapland

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 17, 2007
Hampstead, London UK
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Saturday sounds good, I can bring the Allnic H1201 phono stage if you want. Are you near Queens Road Station by the way, if so that makes it really easy for me to get to you.

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Could'nt make that weekend which is why I didn't reply but if you are thinking of a second event then I might be persuaded to attend and bring my 988's if parking is ok.

flapland

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 17, 2007
Hampstead, London UK
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Rob, is this still on for later this month. If so I might be able to bring round some Eclipse TD 512 which are the single driver egg shaped things.

RobHolt

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2006
East London
AKA
Rob
Hi chaps, yes still on.

12 noon start and I'll PM contact details tonight.

The only problem is the size of the listening room which is small and can really only seat three for listening.

So I'd suggest we keep this date to flapland, whizzkid and BERK59 as the first responders, and then follow up a week or so later for the others. Otherwise you'll be sitting in each others laps :)

Karl is quite literally just down the road from me so we can sort something pretty much anytime.

whizzkid

Wammer
Dec 30, 2006
Earth 2
AKA
Slartibartfast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Rob if you are going to do again in a few weeks I'll come to that one if that OK?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markartist

Latest Articles

Staff online