Exceptional audition at talent show

68rednose

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2013
Mainland Europe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
From time to time something exceptional comes up.

In a Dutch talent show, a 9 year old girl steps on the stage.

Because her brother plays violin on Queens Day (Dutch national holiday, kids may perform on the street), she wanted to do something as well.

So she'd like to sing something she found on you tube.

After the audition she got asked where she had her lessons.

Then she replied, she didn't had any...

[video=youtube;VBMfgLvRZJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMfgLvRZJs

themadlatvian

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 28, 2008
Huddersfield
AKA
John
Certainly a talent - she might not have had lessons as such, but she has certainly had a lot of coaching from somebody. It's all very well to say that someone has a natural ability (which she undoubtedly has in spadefuls) but you do not pick up all those operatic mannerisms from nowhere.

I sincerely hope that someone who knows what they are doing takes her in hand and makes sure that she does not do too much too soon. A young voice of that quality could very easily be destroyed by too much operatic stuff too early.

Charlotte Church for example was certainly similarly talented at a young age, and her voice now shows huge evidence of overuse and abuse.

Lovely to hear, someone who has a career if she wants it, but she must not fly before she can walk!

:^

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
Is it wrong that I just wanted to see more close-ups of the blonde judge ?
:doh:

A budding Maria Callas on show and all you can think of is some blonde tart with a pair of tits

:rofl:

take5

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2008
lancs
AKA
brian
Great clip. Thanks for posting it.

Yes, a wonderful talent. I do love seeing very talented children who find their "thing"

I very much agree with everything that John/Madlatvian says in his post, and hope that she isnt rushed too quickly.

I expect that is her father standing proudly at the side of the stage. I wonder how much say he had in the choice of piece to sing, which is " Oh, my beloved father " by Puccini .

mj446

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2012
Fife
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Regardles of how much if any training she has had she sounds truly amazing, and blondie's not bad too.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Amazingly mature voice. 2 ways that can go now (I could see the cash registers in the judges eyes from here) and I hope that she has fun and enjoys it whichever way it happens is all.

68rednose

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2013
Mainland Europe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the show finals tonight she sang Nessun Dorma, just as amazingly as her previous performances.

Will post a link when it gets available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online