Excerpt from the diary of a BMW driver

G

Guest

Guest
Diary entry Monday 13th March.

The other day I was cruising along as usual in my BMW coming on to one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars. First off, I could not believe that the volume of traffic didn't move for me at all as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a small gap between two cars in order to get on to my motorway. (The driver of the car behind did realize his mistake though, and gave me a long blast of his horn to apologise.)

Unbelievably I had to do the same again before I could get into the BMW lane.

Anyway once I was in the BMW lane and cruising along at 110mph, enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car not only in front of me, but in the BMW lane driving at a ridiculous 70mph. Naturally I got a foot or so off his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him that he was in the BMW lane and to get out of my way. Of course once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me. He also tried to keep up with me, and when he realised I could out run him, he put on some blue lights that were hidden in his grille and urged me to pull onto the hard shoulder so that he could compliment me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager to oblige, and when we stopped the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast! Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have so I had to take my licence to a police station to have some points put on it. (They're not free either - they're £20 each, but I was only allowed 3.) The man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even need a driving licence any more, so it will be taken off me!

See, now that's the sort of respect you get when you drive a BMW.

shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif


 

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
9,074
15
0
:sw::sw:

Excellent, sir, couldn't have put it better myself. Pleased to see BMW drivers receiving the respect they so richly deserve.

Boxer (fed up of twats in 318s who can't get up hills as fast as a 1.6 Civic!!!!!)

 

peter312

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 29, 2005
474
8
33
Cheshire, UK
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
analoguekid wrote:

Diary entry Monday 13th March. The other day I was cruising along as usual in my BMW coming on to one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars. First off, I could not believe that the volume of traffic didn't move for me at all as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a small gap between two cars in order to get on to my motorway. (The driver of the car behind did realize his mistake though, and gave me a long blast of his horn to apologise.)

Unbelievably I had to do the same again before I could get into the BMW lane.

Anyway once I was in the BMW lane and cruising along at 110mph, enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car not only in front of me, but in the BMW lane driving at a ridiculous 70mph. Naturally I got a foot or so off his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him that he was in the BMW lane and to get out of my way. Of course once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me. He also tried to keep up with me, and when he realised I could out run him, he put on some blue lights that were hidden in his grille and urged me to pull onto the hard shoulder so that he could compliment me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager to oblige, and when we stopped the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast! Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have so I had to take my licence to a police station to have some points put on it. (They're not free either - they're £20 each, but I was only allowed 3.) The man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even need a driving licence any more, so it will be taken off me!

See, now that's the sort of respect you get when you drive a BMW.

shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif


Kin brilliant!

Nice one AK!

Trouble is, it could well be true!

 

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
5,991
87
0
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
As accounts go I thought it was quite fair
wink.png


Us BMW drivers get a load of stick but only cos' the cars are so cool
allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif


 

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
9,074
15
0
Naah, the only cool Beemers have the letter "M" involved: the rest are pants (`cept mebbe the coupe)
tongue.png
:TheBird:
Bird.gif.e5ad7f48d8bb596824f2dfdd3446d314.gif
.

Boxer

 

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
5,991
87
0
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
I know - will have an M car one day, will settle for my 320Cd Sport :love:for now although do like the new lexus IS220d

 

peter312

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 29, 2005
474
8
33
Cheshire, UK
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
boxer wrote:

Naah, the only cool Beemers have the letter "M" involved: the rest are pants (`cept mebbe the coupe)
tongue.png
:TheBird:
Bird.gif.e5ad7f48d8bb596824f2dfdd3446d314.gif
.Boxer
Don't all BMW's have an "M" envolved?

(BTW, where is the "smartass" emoticon when you need it?
biggrin.png
)

 

gsrai

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
5,991
87
0
Black Country
AKA
Gobind
peter312 wrote:

boxer wrote:
Naah, the only cool Beemers have the letter "M" involved: the rest are pants (`cept mebbe the coupe)
tongue.png
:TheBird:
Bird.gif.e5ad7f48d8bb596824f2dfdd3446d314.gif
.Boxer
Don't all BMW's have an "M" envolved?

(BTW, where is the "smartass" emoticon when you need it?
biggrin.png
)
:rofl:Good point!

 

M4RK5

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2008
380
38
43
Sunny Scotland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was reading somewhere that the police can only pull over a BMW driver when they're driving a BMW police car, it's the law apparently.....

 

Forum statistics

Threads
109,316
Messages
2,317,820
Members
69,454
Latest member
OpenSea_0