Wammer
Wammer
Jun 16, 2008
North east
AKA
mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
hi anyone had or still own one of these amps opinions would be very greatfull , interested in general feedback with regards to sound quality and general operational use and how it compared to other amps you may have owned

cheers

mick

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think browellm had a pair of red wine mono's, no idea which ones though, might be worth dropping him a PM.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
boring, drab, excitement and interest extracted from the music. :zzzz:

it's a battery powered power amp - it's what they do

imo :)

-- I know that sounds a bit of a generalisation, but I've heard 3 (including Red Wine Sigs), I think, and they all sounded dead boring in the same dynamically dead, pizzaz extracted way. But some folk like that sort of sound ....

mmar

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 16, 2008
North east
AKA
mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
cheers Kevin will pm mark

cheers jerry yep the 30.2 is battery powered pimped t - amp though I believe if req,d you can still mains feed via the power supply as per normal , you mention lack of dynamics can you remember what speakers you heard them running ?

Nick Brown

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 6, 2008
Surrey, UK
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just thought I would chime in here ......... I have owned the 30.2 and used it to great effect in previous systems. Suffice to say my opinion on them is exactly opposite to Jerry's ;)

There are two versions of the 30.2 the original that used Sealed Lead Acid batteries and the LFPV version that uses LiFePo batteries and has a valve stage in it. The LiFePo version does have the ability to play whilst charging. The original version does not it only enters the charging cycle when the amplifier is turned off. The original is/was upgradeable to the LFPV version. Build quality is very solid albeit slightly utilitarian in appearance, plain black boxes, although newer models are encased with wood trim.

Sound quality is very natural and resolving. If you are looking for that false etched type of resolution then they probably won't float your boat. They have very good bass punch and weight and timbre. The mids are very good too, very slightly tipped to the warm side of neutral but not at all masked. The treble is just natural to my ears not that horrible obvious treble that seems to be the trend these days. Dynamics are very good too although I expect this could well not be the case into less than suitable speakers. The LFPV has the same sonic signature as the original model but improves the sound across the board with more refinement.

Vinnie, the owner of RWA, is very approachable and supportive too.

I hope this helps ..... drop me a PM if need more details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles