Finally back into hifi!

G

rudolph hucker wrote:

i'm glad someone likes it. when it's set up with the microphone it is great sounding
set up for room acoustics, built in s.p.l.meter,

G

onion wrote:

rudolph hucker wrote:
i'm glad someone likes it. when it's set up with the microphone it is great sounding
thats it.

have you heard the jadis orchestra amp onion?

G

rudolph hucker wrote:

onion wrote:
rudolph hucker wrote:
thats it.

have you heard the jadis orchestra amp onion?
yes, rudi, but will not comment, sorry but i ....:Upset:

G

what no good? tell it how it is onion i can take it like a man!

Jadis009.jpg

Class A

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2005
Suffolk, , United Ki
I remember in an old issus of HFC when they tested some 2 ch amps against some AV amps.

Some of the AC amps sounded beter(in stereo) than some 2 ch amps, the wrost amp was also a 2 channel! I think it was a Creek or Roksan.

Although the best sounding amp in that lots was still a stereo amp(Rotel RA 1062).

So it all depent on the amp really..

AV amp has improved a great deal the last few years because manufacturers has spend lots of money on them, the same cannot be say for good old 2 ch amps. Although I still think the best sounding amp should be stereo only.

That Pioneer av amp Rudy has is one of the best, it is no surprise that it better than some 2 ch amp. Room correction has also played a part I believe...

G

Class A wrote:

I remember in an old issus of HFC when they tested some 2 ch amps against some AV amps.Some of the AC amps sounded beter(in stereo) than some 2 ch amps, the wrost amp was also a 2 channel! I think it was a Creek or Roksan.

Although the best sounding amp in that lots was still a stereo amp(Rotel RA 1062).

So it all depent on the amp really..

AV amp has improved a great deal the last few years because manufacturers has spend lots of money on them, the same cannot be say for good old 2 ch amps. Although I still think the best sounding amp should be stereo only.

That Pioneer av amp Rudy has is one of the best, it is no surprise that it better than some 2 ch amp. Room correction has also played a part I believe...
thanks you are dead right.

G

Biscuit wrote:

so Jesse, Pioneer AX-10 or Pioneer A-09?
wink.png
biggrin.png
I know which I'd rather be using for my 2-channel system
smile.png
don't be so sure of that biscuit young man. it has the i-link and the set up mic on it's side.

and they work superbly

G

rudolph hucker wrote:

Biscuit wrote:
so Jesse, Pioneer AX-10 or Pioneer A-09?
wink.png
biggrin.png
I know which I'd rather be using for my 2-channel system
smile.png
don't be so sure of that biscuit young man. it has the i-link and the set up mic on it's side.

and they work superbly
rudi , two things about the jadis, i know you and can take things on the chin, valves that it comes with , are average, not enough bass detail, "my opinion" caps should have a higher tolerance of m.f. heat, like black gates caps. the speed of the sound will better, otherways is nice, but room for inproovement, sorry hit me back..
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

ErikFH

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
Netherlands
AKA
Erik
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Once sold a pair of Dyn's 1.3SE to a guy who brought (t)his ampto pair them with. It didn temptedDyn buggers to deliver great slam or dynamics (heboughtthem for late night sessions and didn't mind)but highs andmidrange that were there,sounded glorious.

G

182-Geordie wrote:

onion wrote:
rudolph hucker wrote:
i give him a couple of weeks at the most.
hi rudi, 2 weeks at the most?
Well I've still got it...

And I've got new speakers

And I should have a squeezebox coming in the next few days.

And in under 2 weeks I'll have a heavily modded TDA1541A DAC.

And a rack

tongue.png
what speakers did you get ?

Stephen

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2006
, , Belgium
Is that OnixOA21 that looks a bit like Cyrus kit (only in black and better sounding)??? It's a great little amp. I've had one for over10 yrs. It's currently driving 2nd system. Attached shows pic with seperate SOAPS power supply - which I don't have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles