Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2011
Mansfield-ish
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive had a set of interconnects on home demo and there does seem to be a worthwhile improvement but there's one issue. They aren't very flexible and the unit my hifi is on isn't very deep. I've had to move things as far forward as they can be to get them to connected.

What options are there for interconnects that have a decent amount of flexibility? Budget is up to £200 if necessary.

t1no

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2014
North West
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Linn Black interconnects are very flexible ... At least the ones I have which are quite a few years old.

One alternative you might consider is to use 90 degree connectors or adapters so the cables go off at right angles to your hifi instead.

DiggyGun

DiggyGun
Wammer Plus
Jul 15, 2020
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive had a set of interconnects on home demo and there does seem to be a worthwhile improvement but there's one issue. They aren't very flexible and the unit my hifi is on isn't very deep. I've had to move things as far forward as they can be to get them to connected.

What options are there for interconnects that have a decent amount of flexibility? Budget is up to £200 if necessary.
Can you post a photo of the back of the rack and space.

Will help us to understand how to help.

DG…

Reactions: nak

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A much over looked issue I think. I went for nice fat speaker cables, lots of thick copper, great for SQ surely. Very inflexible though and an absolute pain in the butt to use. Never again.

Reactions: nak

MotherSky

The stone that killed two birds
Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

RFC Neptune are slim/flexible and have a relatively short strain relief - the chap at RFC uses them himself rather than the rather better known Pluto - I've ordered a set to try with my turntable for similar reasons (they are also very well screened and low capacitance) - mine should be arriving this week - happy to report back if this is of interest - MH

nak

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2011
Mansfield-ish
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
RFC Neptune are slim/flexible and have a relatively short strain relief - the chap at RFC uses them himself rather than the rather better known Pluto - I've ordered a set to try with my turntable for similar reasons (they are also very well screened and low capacitance) - mine should be arriving this week - happy to report back if this is of interest - MH
Be interesting to know how you get on and what you compare them to 👍🏻

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I use a German electronic accessories company called Vivanco. If you go on their UK website and click on their premium cables, they sell some very well-made interconnects at reasonable prices.
I have an 18 euro digital interconnect from my CD player into my Dac, and can't fault it.
I also use Mark Grant interconnects, very well made and although solid core they seem flexible enough.

Reactions: freefallrob and nak

nak

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2011
Mansfield-ish
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is there a reason why you can’t move the rack forward a bit?

DG…
Not really an option I'm afraid.

I've taken back the loan cables and they suggested the Rega Couple 3. It's very flexible and I'll give that a try when my phono stage comes back

Reactions: freefallrob

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Talk to Paul at NVA. I like their cable and it won't break the bank.
They would probably send a couple of types for you to try at your leisure. (y)

Reactions: hiesteem and nak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles