Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The ability to link photos with BBCode from Flickr seems to have gone again (or at least do it correctly).
Now instead of just the title and image we have links and text which shouldn't be there. Clearly demonstrated in @Gromit post 3190 in Random Image of the day. It's tolerable with one image but try to post more than one and it gets messy.

Solution
Hopefully a helpful bit of info: if you click the more options menu followed by "Toggle BB Code" and then paste your Flickr photo sharing code in to there it will display the photo the old way without any of the weird text formatting problems. (See attached image)

unintended1

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2006
United Kingdom
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Hopefully a helpful bit of info: if you click the more options menu followed by "Toggle BB Code" and then paste your Flickr photo sharing code in to there it will display the photo the old way without any of the weird text formatting problems. (See attached image)

Attachments

• flickrcode.png
    flickrcode.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 3
Solution

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The ability to link photos with BBCode from Flickr seems to have gone again (or at least do it correctly).
Now instead of just the title and image we have links and text which shouldn't be there. Clearly demonstrated in @Gromit post 3190 in Random Image of the day. It's tolerable with one image but try to post more than one and it gets messy.
Can you post a link to the example please.

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

With one of our recent updates, you don't have to manually embed links, nor do you need to use embedded links. Simply pasting the url into your content will do. Once you post your content the software will render the URL as media, and embedd the link.

The supported services for this automatic embedding can be found here:
8tracks, 247Sports, ABC News, Acast, Amazon Product, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Audioboom, Audiomack, Audius, Bandcamp, BBC News, Bit Chute, Bleacher Report videos, Brightcove, Castos, CBS News Video, Clyp, CNBC, CNN, CNNMoney, CodePen, Comedy Central, Coub, Dailymotion, Democracy Now!, dumpert, ESPN, Facebook, Falstad Circuit Simulator, Flickr, Fox News, Funny or Die, GameClips.io, Gamer DVR, Gamespot, Getty Images, Gfycat, Gifs.com, GIPHY, GitHub Gist, Global News, GoFundMe, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google+, Hudl, Hulu, IGN, IMDb trailers, Imgur, Indiegogo, Instagram, Internet Archive, İzlesene, JSFiddle, JW Platform, Kaltura, Kickstarter, Kontinental Hockey League (КХЛ), Libsyn, Liveleak, Livestream, Mail.Ru, Medium, Megaphone, Metacafe, Mixcloud, MLB, MRCTV, MSNBC, MyDailyFreedom, National Geographic Channel, National Geographic Video, NBC News, NBC Sports, NHL Videos and Highlights, NPR, Odysee, Orfium, Pastebin, Pinterest, Podbean, Prezi, Reddit threads and comments, Rumble, Rutube, Scribd, Sendvid, SlideShare, SoundCloud, Sporcle, Sportsnet, Spotify, Spreaker, Steam store, Stitcher, Straw Poll, Streamable, Streamja, Team Coco, TED Talks, Telegram, The Atlantic Video, The Guardian (obsolete), The New York Times Video, The Onion, The Wall Street Journal Online, TikTok, TMZ, TradingView, Trailer Addict, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter, Ustream, VBOX7, Veoh, Vevo, Video Detective, Vimeo, Vine, VK, Vocaroo, Vox, Washington Post Video, Wavekit, Wistia, WorldStarHipHop, Youku, YouMaker, YouTube.

Hope this helps.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

IF you post it just as a URL you don't get the messy display, this is because the script renders the image and pastes the rest of the data you entered that isnt needed.

Yes but if you hover your mouse over that image it gives access to the posters whole library of pics .

Reactions: Sumdumgi

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes but if you hover your mouse over that image it gives access to the posters whole library of pics .

Exactly. Using the BBCode used to give a clear uninterrupted view of a single image or a number of individually linked images. (like in my example). If this is the way ahead we’ll just have to get used to it but using BBCode was simple and efficient. Something which worked well seems to have had its simplicity and purpose changed for no advantage.

Reactions: Roo

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Exactly. Using the BBCode used to give a clear uninterrupted view of a single image or a number of individually linked images. (like in my example). If this is the way ahead we’ll just have to get used to it but using BBCode was simple and efficient. Something which worked well seems to have had its simplicity and purpose changed for no advantage.
Nah @Roo is a wizard , he shall sort it 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: Roo and Sumdumgi

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking into this further.

The BB code changes where to allow for instant media embeds with the simplicity of pasting an url into your text field.

There is an issue with links that I am aware of, that if you try to edit a post after doing so the closing bb code is made redundant and will display [/CODE]

You can still post individual images,

but I do understand what you mean.

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When I want to share an image from my Flickr album, I click the share photo link and four options are available...

Share - Embedded - Email - BBcode

I chose BBcode, simply cut'n'paste the link into the reply window and the image itself appears in my post without the black top/bottom borders... however, if I choose the Share option, my image appears like the one in Bazzer's post above...

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reactions: hifinutt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66