Flickr query (?)

fordy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 29, 2006
Wirral, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
did you click on "try our new photo experience beta" ? If so, click "opt out and feedback" in the bottom left.

mollydog

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 1, 2006
, , United Kingdom
AKA
Scott
There's no opt out Pete.

I was forced on to the beta trial over a week ago, it's shit.

I'm f**king raging.

Here's a link to the feedback pages

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/230781-flickr-photo-page-beta-2/

Folks aren't happy. Tried customer support appealing to be removed from the trial but they just stone wall you. Email off to a Yahoo CEO which got ignored. As a last resort you can change the language, it seems only English accounts are being selected for the beta test. I view my account in French now, good eh!

photowizz

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 18, 2010
Windsor
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Started a week ago for me. Not happy and have moaned in the feedback pages too. Good idea to change the language though!

mollydog

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 1, 2006
, , United Kingdom
AKA
Scott
Shite then......!Ok I've been posting a couple of my images here with the new (PISH) set-up, but seems I CAN'T find the right code to show the photo's name and link on the bottom left of each uploaded web.

Any ideas guys n' girls....?
Change the language to anything other than English then just use the codes you usually use as normal.

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks like flikr is being turned into a "pad" social network site. Its where the money is i suppose. I think it is time to make sure i hwve a copy of all my flikr pics, can see a change coming soon and i might not like it.

chrisB

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 8, 2007
AKA
Chris
did you click on "try our new photo experience beta" ? If so, click "opt out and feedback" in the bottom left.
This!

It works.

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It may work, but 'beta' usually means it is coming as a feature you can't change. :x
I managed to opt out of the Beta trial too.

Generally yes I would agree however there is a lot of oppostion and Flickr have been inundated with complaints from UK trialists. Cannot believe how badly they have got it wrong as the functionality has been completely stripped and surely someone at Flickr should realise this. Everyone needs to complain and maybe once, just once, a big corporation will listen to it's customers. If it doesn't I'll be looking for something else.

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I managed to opt out of the Beta trial too.Generally yes I would agree however there is a lot of oppostion and Flickr have been inundated with complaints from UK trialists. Cannot believe how badly they have got it wrong as the functionality has been completely stripped and surely someone at Flickr should realise this. Everyone needs to complain and maybe once, just once, a big corporation will listen to it's customers. If it doesn't I'll be looking for something else.
Same here.

Vinyl Art

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 13, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is Yahoo, I can't imagine that Flikr is making them a shed load of money at the moment even though it is the largest online photo community. The recent change to the site has seen it move toward a social network site . The "beta" trila seems to be trialing an app for Pads. I imagine Yahoo want to make money out of Flikr or they will just drop it. It is now up against some stiff competition.Look at the way Google has now combined G mail with an online messenger, with a social network with a photo hosting site. Microsoft have done the same. Both of these companies have smart phones for their software (Android and MS). Yahoo has nothing. If it wasn't for the tie up with BT I doubt Yahoo would even survive in the UK. I have BT and do not use Yahoo at all other than Flikr.These companies want to take on and compete with Facebook, hosting photos on a stand alone site to feed photos back into Facebook and online forums is not where they want to be any longer. Flikr nearly went belly up a couple of years back.

mollydog

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 1, 2006
, , United Kingdom
AKA
Scott
This!It works.
Unfortunately not Chris.

Folks were trying the new photo experience, realising it was shit and immediately jumping back out.

Flickr took the decision to force random members into the beta because nobody was using it. They are devious bastids, they made the page look like if you gave feedback you would be removed from trial by displaying an opt-out button that didn't work. After an hour or so the opt out button vanished. How do they expect people to give positive feedback when they are forced to do a trial without consent or an opt out.

The new interface is unfinished and beyond useless, if Flickr want to trial software do it in their time, not mine.

I hope they roll it out to all members very soon so Flickr suffers the death it so rightly deserves, then I can move on.

I vented some on a picture then got banned from some groups for having an opinion and speaking my mind. You couldn't make it up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roksoff/10998986544/in/photostream

photowizz

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 18, 2010
Windsor
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wondered why I couldn't find the opt out button on my pro account, only the feedback. Now I know! I left appropriate feedback too. Very unimpressed.

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
"I managed to opt out of the Beta trial too".Where do I find this option guys? I'm now on the bottom left of my flickr homepage and I can't see this, am I missing something??
Explained by Scott a couple posts above Peter. Many opted out of the trial very quickly and Flickr chose participants - the early opt outs like me seem to have been lucky - for now.

mollydog

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 1, 2006
, , United Kingdom
AKA
Scott
After over 2 weeks of beta trial misery Flickr have finally returned my account back to normal....ya beauty.

Check yours Pete. I've a feeling Flickr have succumb to the backlash and negative feedback from it's members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles