Focal JMLAB rebuild

kintama

Wammer
New Wammer
Feb 18, 2014
NW London
AKA
Paul
I have Focal JMLAB Mezzo Utopia speakers about 12 years old and they need new drivers. One bass driver is resonating and the tweeters are a little dull. Contrary to the sales blurb when I bought them, Focal do not now have a spare set of drivers waiting for me and have quoted £499 for a single tweeter rebuild. Are there any engineers out there that can give them a full service and refurb for a reasonable price? These are the the titanium cone type.

All suggestions welcome

G

Moving this to two channel as tech questions for the site are software related not hifi . 

daimler

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 5, 2011
Eastbourne
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have had exactly same set of speakers once. Bought them cheaply just for the same reason - one of the tweeters was damaged. Was nearly impossible to find replacement even 5 years back. Found pair of focal car audio tweeters - same look 1 even fitted perfectly in - just straight fascia replacement. Worked absolutely perfect - i have not noticed difference between one with original and new tweeter. Replaced both and it was ok since as far as I know as I have sold them later. 

Not sure about model but I think it could be tn series 47, 51 or 52. Worth looking online before commiting ridiculous amount of money. 

Thanks

moo-fi

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 5, 2009
Doncaster
AKA
Fred
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How different are these to Focal Electra tweeters?  As XTRC tweeters where still available last year when Nicky fried mine, in fact I have a spare one still in its box sat in front of me as I type.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles