For all of us who will never hear Vox Olympian

anubisgrau

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2006
Belgrade Serbia
AKA
Gordan
a pure religious experience: turning crap music into gold!

rejoice, amen!

[video=youtube;yj47yYIDUh0]

some great advertising slogans though:

"bose does not even come close to these beasts people" :) :) :)

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
Can't mix them all the other crap you will never hear!
If that means what I think it does, and that's not a given :nup:

I've heard lots of crap, including Bose. I've also heard the VO's and can only say that your one-man-crusade against them is starting to become a little embarrassing :roll:

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
They aren't even close to being the world's most expensive speakers, so that's a load of shit.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If that means what I think it does, and that's not a given :nup: I've heard lots of crap, including Bose. I've also heard the VO's and can only say that your one-man-crusade against them is starting to become a little embarrassing :roll:
I've never met you Gordan, but we've exchanged ideas and messages and generally agree on many things. However, I do have to agree with the sentiment that you do seem to have some kind of 'attitude' about the Vox.

I know Kevin and I genuinely believe he is utterly genuine. He put his own money and time into developing the Vox over quite a few years. Quite possibly the target market is cynical financially, but the ideology behind the speakers is not.

I've heard them four times now and each time they have been staggeringly good. Each time they have redefined my ideas about what is possible to achieve with the reproduction of music through electrical means.

Possibly you know better, but really I do have to say in that case, either put up or shut up.

The Vox might appeal to a market that I am regrettably unable to aspire to. However, the ideology behind them is pure music and I have yet to find anyone who has met Kevin and Lynne and heard the Vox who doesn't feel the same.

They aren't a cynical marketing effort. The finish and aesthetics have been developed after the basic design, because they are necessary for the market.

Seriously, if you've heard better, then tell me what it is.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Why is it that this speaker is not something that I aspire to own in any way? They look great and undoubtedly sound great but, for me, there is something that puts me off them.

I will add that I understand the attraction of the JBL Everest, huge ATC's and even the Klipschorn but the Vox is just not for me.

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
Based on my laptop speaker (one single note)
fixt

That's killed the thread then, all speakers sound the same :(

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it that this speaker is not something that I aspire to own in any way?
What is it about their sound that you are unimpressed with?

anubisgrau

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2006
Belgrade Serbia
AKA
Gordan
cheers richard, i've never heard them and never will so i can't answer the question, however this is the thread for those like me so you're a stranger here:)

@SMEagol: it's petra magoni:)

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
fixtThat's killed the thread then, all speakers sound the same :(

- - - Updated - - -

This is my laptop speaker, it cost me £10 and I love it.

81HxyyEQY4L._SL1500_.jpg

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
fixtThat's killed the thread then, all speakers sound the same :(

- - - Updated - - -

Paul

If I gave the impression that I have heard them I apologise. I haven't and, even with the cash, I wouldn't choose to listen. I suspect my answer lies within my post in the "equipment you've never heard thread!"

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
PaulIf I gave the impression that I have heard them I apologise. I haven't and, even with the cash, I wouldn't choose to listen. I suspect my answer lies within my post in the "equipment you've never heard thread!"
:D

I was under the impression that you were unimpressed with their performance, hence my question ;-)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles