gobby git
Wammer
Oct 5, 2019
Lavister
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How would I have known it was in a hotel, and not an exhibition centre, school, college, etc ?

not too much trouble just to stick the venue address here on the website surely . . . 

You're not alone.

I'd love to come along just to listen and look, but it does seem a bit like a club for those in the know "if you have to ask you aren't welcome".

I'm sure that's not the case, but it is blooming hard to find out anything

Reactions: mark2410

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You're not alone.

I'd love to come along just to listen and look, but it does seem a bit like a club for those in the know "if you have to ask you aren't welcome".

I'm sure that's not the case, but it is blooming hard to find out anything
it's a long way from that. 

I guess the trouble is that a lot are regular visitors, and don't think to mention location

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I guess the trouble is that a lot are regular visitors, and don't think to mention location
and it's on the show website every year but that only goes up around February

this forum is full of helpful people if you ask, there have been discussions & advice on here about if you are not exhibiting to book into the Yew Lodge which is only ~150yards away

https://www.bestwestern.co.uk/hotels/best-western-premier-yew-lodge-hotel-conference-centre-83652

Leem

gobby git
Wammer
Oct 5, 2019
Lavister
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Yep I'm sure it isn't, but no idea of location (now fixed) or if it's a normal style hifi show, or something different etc

Leem

gobby git
Wammer
Oct 5, 2019
Lavister
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
and it's on the show website every year but that only goes up around February

this forum is full of helpful people if you ask, there have been discussions & advice on here about if you are not exhibiting to book into the Yew Lodge which is only ~150yards away

https://www.bestwestern.co.uk/hotels/best-western-premier-yew-lodge-hotel-conference-centre-83652
Someone did ask previously and was told to look at the show thread, which says nothing except discussions about the spreadsheet. 

I know you think it's obvious but it's not, just a few details for newcomers would be very helpful

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yep I'm sure it isn't, but no idea of location (now fixed) or if it's a normal style hifi show, or something different etc
Totally different to a normal show. The only commercial element is the used hifi sales area and a couple of record stalls. All exhibitors are hifi nuts showing off their home rigs (main or 2nd system) some of it is diy'd. Also like last year there are also people from other forums who've grabbed exhibitor rooms. 

I must admit that as an exhibitor I'm also frustrated that there has been no Web presence for the show. Whilst full details are not known until closer to the time, an advert put up in say Sept/Oct with date, location, basic blurb and some photos and editorial from the previous show could potentially mean more visitors come the March show. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
as John says this is NOTHING like a normal hifi show - certainly the exhibitors are in no way normal :D  

otherwise a chance to hear many, many radically different systems run by owners who pay out of their own pockets (really) to exhibit, and we WILL play your music. If you're expecting typical hifi show plinky, plonky jazz then you would be well advised to bring it yourself  ;)  

Reactions: Ward

Leem

gobby git
Wammer
Oct 5, 2019
Lavister
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
as John says this is NOTHING like a normal hifi show - certainly the exhibitors are in no way normal :D  

otherwise a chance to hear many, many radically different systems run by owners who pay out of their own pockets (really) to exhibit, and we WILL play your music. If you're expecting typical hifi show plinky, plonky jazz then you would be well advised to bring it yourself  ;)  
My music tastes are far removed from that so I'll probably be safe. 

More likely to bring Clutch

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My music tastes are far removed from that so I'll probably be safe. 

More likely to bring Clutch
nice! I'll have Tidal/Roon available so we can accommodate most requests as well, on vinyl I'll be bringing Cadillac Three which whilst not quite as heavy is pretty rocky

Leem

gobby git
Wammer
Oct 5, 2019
Lavister
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
nice! I'll have Tidal/Roon available so we can accommodate most requests as well, on vinyl I'll be bringing Cadillac Three which whilst not quite as heavy is pretty rocky
Funnily enough Cadillac Three was my other thought! 

Richard A

Richard A
Wammer
Feb 12, 2017
Guernsey
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
:D  

Richard is a fan @Richard A
Actually Leem, the most expensive part of the show for me are the records I buy afterwards. I tend to Shazam music that exhibitors are playing and invariably end off ordering rather more than I would ever admit to SWMBO. Maverick introduced me to the Cadillac Three (as well as the quaint northern habit of putting mint in mushy peas). Good band.

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles