For Newbies

terryg1

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 19, 2012
Northampton
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
2  questions what time can I arrive on Saturday morning and if I have any help arriving on the Saturday and Sunday do they need to pay to get in ?  Thanks 

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Arriving Saturday is any time from abotu 08.00 onwards . However you may well have to wait for your room to be vacated . You can use any down time to give others a lift and help with their equipment until such time as you can get in your room then they will no doubt return the favour.

With regard to helpers this is my understanding only and not the authorised line . If another person (i.e one) helps you to put up the room sleeps in that room with you and then helps during Sunday with demonstating your system for the majority of the day then they will not need to buy a ticket. Anyone who just turns up Saturday and helps out or Sunday and helps out will need to buy a ticket.

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
2  questions what time can I arrive on Saturday morning and if I have any help arriving on the Saturday and Sunday do they need to pay to get in ?  Thanks 
The organisers can pick up on the first part, but as i understand that hotel is ours for the whole weekend presumably it will be as early as they can drag themselves out of bed.

On the second question I will give you my viewpoint. This is not a show run for a profit - more the organisers are trying to limit their losses yet still giving this forum community an event that many look forward to all year.  I am bringing a helper but I would want him to pay the entry. £15 is not a lot for most and if that means that 10 or 20 helpers are also paying £15 it will all help secure the future of the event. 

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
from the show website:

The rooms will be available from 12 noon on Saturday. If by chance they are not cleaned in time then please place equipment in the corridor outside the rooms. Plenty of help will be available as usual and there are easy access points front and rear of the hotel, fire door access with one level staircase to rear and lift through main doors to first floor.

ALL SYSTEMS SHOULD BE TESTED AND READY FOR VISITORS AT 9.30AM SUNDAY – SHOW OPENS AT 10AM

furthermore:

RULES ABOUT TICKET DODGERS | ROOM HELPERS

Each year the excuses and stories get more far fetched with people trying to get in for free so now we have very clear rules. 

If you bring a helper to set up your gear and will exhibit with you all weekend and stays in the same room, that's fine. However, people saying at the door on Sunday, 'Room 101 invited me to help with his room today' etc. etc. will need to pay £15.

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

dari

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm coming all three days as I'll be documenting ( in pictures) the Show. 

Can someone tell what time do we meet on Friday?

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We usually arrive late afternoon, and then head out for a curry about 8 ish,  just to check it is alright for the Sunday night bash :)  
Yup - critically important to do a quality control inspection of the curry house. Would be very rude not to.

• Upvote
  • Haha
Reactions: dari and greybeard

dari

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers guys... so some of you arrive on Friday afternoon ( because you can, because you want, you have booked the rooms and curry house needs check up) but the actual set up starts Saturday after 10am. Have I got that right?

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheers guys... so some of you arrive on Friday afternoon ( because you can, because you want, you have booked the rooms and curry house needs check up) but the actual set up starts Saturday after 10am. Have I got that right?
Pretty much. Some of us are traveling absurdly long distances so travelling down on the Saturday would mean late arrival and missing most of the Saturday fun, so we choose to make a longer weekend of it.

Deb64

Wammer
Dec 17, 2019
Quick newbie question. Are there any tables and chairs provided by the hotel or will we need to bring any of our own?

Very much looking forward to the show - also a bit nervous as it's my first time.

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Quick newbie question. Are there any tables and chairs provided by the hotel or will we need to bring any of our own?

Very much looking forward to the show - also a bit nervous as it's my first time.
You will have 6 chairs for punters, as for tables there may be loose bedside cabinets in the room other than that it's the built in furniture or your own racks/crates/coffee tables. 

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are chairs provided by the hotel, and you can make use of the room furniture such as it is. Last year the room I was in had a movable box-like storage unit that I covered with a cloth to sit the electronics on; it also had a sofa, so the sitting arrangements were pretty good. Take a look at the photo thread from last year to get an idea of what people did with their rooms.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have brought my own rack for the equipment each year chairs you get are fine. Not sure how much equipment you have to find a place for but will be much easier for you if you have a rack that you are sure everything will fit on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles