Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
DALI Oberon 1 loudspeakers in dark walnut finish complete with grilles, original packaging and accessories. As new condition as used for about two hours and then put away. I have upgraded to larger standmount speakers.

SOLD.

Five star / 2019 Award winning speakers. New price £349.00.

Review:
https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/dali-oberon-1

Product details:
Given its ultra-compact size, the OBERON 1 is the smallest addition to the OBERON line-up. The cabinet size enables an optimal balance between inner volume optimised for bass performance and a compact cabinet design suited for smaller rooms, discreet audio setups or wall mounting. 

Like its larger siblings, the OBERON 1 makes use of the oversized 29 mm ultra light-weight soft dome tweeter to handle the highs and detailed mids, while the SMC based 5.25" wood fibre woofer renders the lower midrange and well-timed bass. With the launch of the DALI OBERON loudspeaker series, we have picked the best elements from our current speakers and brought them together in a series that delivers on audio quality, looks and versatility. 

The compactness of the OBERON 1 makes it easy to integrate into any room. To achieve a wide dispersion pattern in the listening area, the driver materials and geometry applied in the OBERON 1 have been carefully selected. The same principles have been applied in the design of the crossover.

As result, you will experience a well-integrated sound, even when listening at a significant off-axis angle. This is important as you are rarely seated directly in front of your loudspeakers when listening to music. An added benefit is seriously reduced harmonic distortion and diffractions causing frequency distortion, as these will always be stronger in an on-axis response. This is also the reason why all DALI speakers are not designed to be toed-in.

Specifications:
Frequency Range: (+/-3 dB) [Hz] 51 - 26,000 

Sensitivity: (2,83 V/1 m) [dB] 86

Nominal Impedance [ohms]: 6 

Maximum SPL [dB]: 106 

Recommended Amplifier Power [W]: 25 - 100

Crossover Frequency [Hz]: 2,800 Hz 

High frequency driver, Quantity: 1 x 29 mm Soft Textile Dome 

Low frequency driver, Quantity: 1 x 5.25" Wood Fibre Cone 

Enclosure type: Bass Reflex 

Bass Reflex Tuning Frequency [Hz]: 50 

Connection Input: Single Wire 

Recommended Distance From Wall [cm]: 1 - 50 cm 

Dimensions With Base (HxWxD) [mm]: 274 x 162 x 234

Weight [kg]: 4.2

Will be couriered by UPS, fully insured.

71RXUxhRYdL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Open loudspeakers.png

R-12910713-1550922999-2856.jpeg.jpg

R-14791554-1581965057-3596.jpeg.jpg

View attachment 47478

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: macvisual

Countryman

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 7, 2019
Suffolk
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Might be interested in these. How did they sound and what did you upgrade to? How do these and you Silver 50s compare?

Thanks

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have several pairs of bookshelf speakers and want to keep just one set. I'm keeping my dynaudio emit 20 but not because they are vastly better. I could happily live with the Dalis and preferred them over B&W 607 and some Kefs.

Countryman

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 7, 2019
Suffolk
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for getting back to me. Did you rate the Dalis over the Silver 50s? I know it’s subjective but I would be interested in your opinion and experience. Thanks

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes it's entirely subjective. My system, my room, my views etc. I cannot tell you which ones are better as I like them both.

Countryman

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 7, 2019
Suffolk
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I appreciate the subjectivity. Was just curious as to what you perceived to be the comparative attributes. They are both very similar in size. I’ve had Monitor Audio speakers and found them to be quite detailed and neutral. I’ve never heard Dali speakers.

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In the short time I used both sets (they are both practically new) I preferred the Dalis on some recordings and the MAs on others. They both reproduce music accurately and are both outstanding at their price point. Bear in mind these are excellent but still budget fare.

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would concur. We had an afternoon listening to these and a couple of pairs of speakers I brought along. In my view the Dali’s did the HiFi thing quite well, the MA’s did the louder more raucous stuff better. Neither were ‘bad’ at the other.

Reactions: hifinutt

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I guess there's little point bumping this until after the festivities.

Doh.

Mark Wilson

New Wammer
Dec 25, 2019
I am on the look out for a small pair of speakers, these could be suitable for my old Naim Nait 5i.

I'm based in the North East so about 100 miles between us, could we speak over the phone about a possible deal

Mark

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Mark, it's a bit hectic here right now. Feel free to send me a personal message tomorrow but I wont go lower than the price listed here, they are as new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles