Wammer
May 10, 2011
Bendorf, Germany
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
For the people with more $$$ than sense! :doh:

Hmm what would I rather have - a brand new Audio Note Oto Signature or a pair of valves... hmmm let me think about it.... :roll:

S

scruffybitch

Imagine they "get damaged" in the post and all you get is broken glass. Which courier will accept its liabilities for those - none.

Sounds like a bloody good scam to me - flog off knackered valves on evilbuy

pure sound

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 10, 2011
West Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you need that amount of power (and you aren't running a radio station) then you're doing something wrong!

G

Saw an amp with valves that size at John Caswell's one time, in for repair. Came from Poland I think he said, used radio mast transmitter valves.

I never got to hear it but he said he wasn't all that impressed. The transformers on it were quite big, but not nearly as big as I suspect you'd need to light the thing up properly. Heaven knows what sorts of voltages are involved.

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
Bit small if you ask me. You need a GM100, really, if you're to have any credibility.

electronluv_gm100.jpg

electronluv0.5.jpg

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/vsac03/vsac_3.html

G

Bloody hell, those two blokes have got balls! I would never get that close to those amps, in the pics they have croc clips holiding bits together on the outside all metal chassis :nuts:

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
Bloody hell, those two blokes have got balls! I would never get that close to those amps, in the pics they have croc clips holiding bits together on the outside all metal chassis :nuts:
Quite. I think they need about 2kV :shock:

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jeez, bet that thing makes a wicked cappucino:22:

How many watts in per watt out dare I ask?

AmDismal

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2007
I still want to know why there is a screwdriver stuck in the left hand one
You smash it down with your hand, and see if anyone catches the tube by reflex as it sails through the air...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles