Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mark Weber's condition reported as 'satisfactory' from the hospital that admitted him following his crash in a Porsche in a 6 hour race. The other guy is fairly ok too, apparently.

f1eng

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2009
Wantage, U K
AKA
Frank
To borrow (steal) from Richard in another thread...
Quite, sadly I fear it may have to get one step worse before being fixed, maybe it is bad enough now, maybe not.

Piquet, Berger and Alboreto all had potentially fatal accidents at Tamburello but it took Senna to die for the powers to be to actually put their hands in their pockets.

These people don't give up a penny unless there is no other alternative

IanW

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2007
, ,
Along the lines of what I have been suggesting:

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-268730.html

It would mean that the team owners had no opportunity to spend the money on other unnecessary items (read anything down to their back pockets), so that would be a good thing.

Whatever happens, and hopefully it will be a sensible solution, it needs to happen quickly to save the smaller teams.

f1eng

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2009
Wantage, U K
AKA
Frank
Some good TV here for Tones and others (I assume it's good, I haven't seen it yet)http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00jw9cw/jim-clark-the-quiet-champion
I have enjoyed this documentary a couple of times. I was at a hillclimb at Harewood helping out a mate when Clark was killed. It was announced over the PA and total gloom descended.

It could be because it is hard to have a hero you know, or just my age when he was the best, but for me Jim Clark is the greatest racing driver ever.

He won more than 1 in 3 of the Grands Prix he started.

All very well quoting how many races total, or how many in one season, but the hit rate is more indicative IMHO. Nowadays we have almost double the number of races and the cars are much safer so careers are longer.

Fangio and Ascari have better hit rates, but back then the car won and if Fangio's car broke his team mate would be called into the pits and give his car to Fangio, so not quite the same (or maybe I am biased by the teenage fan thing).

Of the drivers racing whilst I was in F1 I rate Senna highest personally.

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
No decision on Jenson vs. KMag, again.

Christ, will somebody just give Ron the money / heave go and everybody can move on?

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No decision on Jenson vs. KMag, again. Christ, will somebody just give Ron the money / heave go and everybody can move on?
Jeez they're milking this one :roll: I'm not sure how much is down to Dennis though. The board have shown a fair amount of independence in the past.

It would suggest to me that Ron hasn't argued his case well enough and/or thinking about how best to appease potential sponsors.

Or Mansour Ojjeh is playing hardball by going against anything Dennis proposes.

G

Ron is currently trying to buy a majority share in the company, if he succeeds he'll be able to do pretty much what he wants I guess, but he'll need lots of cash to do it.

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He would have to buy out Ojjeh (25%) or Mumtalakat (Bahrainian Royal family 50%). The way his relationship with Ojjeh has deteriorated, the two buyouts will cost about the same.

Yes, he will need LOTS of money.

G

Hmmm.... If they did then they'd only look like they were going faster provided you liked the look of biscuit tins in black and gold, no two cars they made would ever be remotely alike, and the ones they took to press days would have rocket motors instead of engines . . . ;-)
I like what you did there:D

rmsshipbroker

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
Yorkshire
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Hmmm.... If they did then they'd only look like they were going faster provided you liked the look of biscuit tins in black and gold, no two cars they made would ever be remotely alike, and the ones they took to press days would have rocket motors instead of engines . . . ;-)
Also with the number of knobs on the average F1 steering wheel, they'd be pretty well unsteerable.... :)

There would be no complaints about how they sound though..... :whistle:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles