Formula 1 2014

Samantha

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2007
South Lincolnshire
AKA
Samantha
2014 Season with some major regulation changes. Sounds like it could be really exciting with a new challenge for drivers as they have less downforce and more torque.

Provisional calendar with 22 races. May drop to 20 races if New Jersey and Mexico lose there slots

16/03 Australia

30/03 Malaysia

06/04 Bahrain

20/04 China

27/04 Korea (provisional)

11/05 Spain

25/05 Monaco

01/06 America, New Jersey (provisional*)

08/06 Canada

22/06 Austria

06/07 Britain

20/07 Germany

27/07 Hungary

24/08 Belgium

07/09 Italy

21/09 Singapore

05/10 Russia

12/10 Japan

26/10 Abu Dhabi

09/11 USA, Austin

16/11 Mexico (provisional*)

30/11 Brazil

* subject to circuit approval

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
So who's gonna end up where then?

I find it all a bit depressing when the in-demand driver is Pastor Maldofuckingnado (> Lotus) and Hulk ends up without a decent gig (>Force India) again

I keep seeing the name of Marcus Erikkson mentioned re. Catherham, but even the Swedes I know raise an eyebrow about how good he might be.

Max Chilton seems to have somehow blagged a gig at Marussia despite having his doors blown off by Bianchi

And Paul Di Resta has taught us all a useful lesson about how unwise it is to moan like a drain about your employer, while not living up to your own hype. Thanks Paul, good luck in the US.

• Upvote
Reactions: f1eng
G

Massa's Ferrari race engineer (Rob Smedley) is following him to Williams.......'Okay so (Bottas?) is faster than you'..... :doh:

Edit, actually it looks like he won't be Massa's race engineer but a more senior role....

Samantha

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2007
South Lincolnshire
AKA
Samantha
Massa's Ferrari race engineer (Rob Smedley) is following him to Williams.......'Okay so (Bottas?) is faster than you'..... :doh:
No surprise with Smedley. Would be nice to see Massa on old form (pre near death experience) when no longer a no.2 driver.

G

No surprise with Smedley. Would be nice to see Massa on old form (pre near death experience) when no longer a no.2 driver.
Yep i'd like to see him back on form, he was exciting to watch, but then I used to like watching Montoya and Kubica as well....

speedysteve

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 25, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, can't wait for the It's Go, Go, Go!

Lets hope Vettel (yawn) has entertained us long enough and the others get a chance to exhibit:close:

I won't miss Mark Webber TBH.

Pastorfuckingmaldonado - very good:)

Okay so (Bottas?) is faster than you' :^

Wonder if there will be any battery blow ups etc as there is so much more energy with ERS?

How long before all electric F1 then? Motor on each wheel etc etc. Pitstops for fresh Duracells:)

IanW

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2007
, ,
Good to see that Lotus have signed Maldonado as that gives them some additional income which not paying Raikonnen, suggests that they are likely to need right now.

f1eng

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2009
Wantage, U K
AKA
Frank
Hopefully the Red cars will do better next season, especially with a new driver that knows what he is doing!
I don't know, I rather like it when they struggle :)

During my career the were by far the richest team with the best press image but didn't win the championship for 20 years. I rather think they are returning to their natural state now that the Ross effect is waning.

I would be prepared to bet a ha'ppeny of my own money that Alonso will beat Raikonnen.

stewartwen

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 30, 2006
near Blackpool
AKA
Stewart
I think that you are quite right Frank, but the, battles will be entertaining as Dave has just said. I am wondering if the teams will get the cars right from the first races..................

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online