Formula 1 2021

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just found this out… Remember that Perez retired early for no apparent reason!? (He was out of fuel). 

Well it appears that he was only part filled with fuel, so that he could hamper Lewis once he’d stopped for tyres (which he did very well if you can recall!). So while not strictly illegal, you could argue that it wasn’t in the “spirit” of him trying to win the GP..

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just found this out… Remember that Perez retired early for no apparent reason!? (He was out of fuel). 

Well it appears that he was only part filled with fuel, so that he could hamper Lewis once he’d stopped for tyres (which he did very well if you can recall!). So while not strictly illegal, you could argue that it wasn’t in the “spirit” of him trying to win the GP..
Source?

IanW

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2007
, ,

Hi James,

That is just plain wrong!

All teams have to let the FIA know how much fuel they have put in the car for the race. All cars are weighed before the race on the FIA weighbridge. The cars are in parc ferme and the teas cannot do anything to them as an FIA scrutineer is there to check what happens and inform to the stewards.

There is no way that PER could have been racing with 3/4 of a tank of fuel, lap as fast as he did during the race (he was much faster than BOT and everyone else apart from Lewis or VER) use the high power engine modes to keep Lewis behind for many laps and then get to 4 laps from the end.

All RBR could have done to make the car lighter later in the race is burn more fuel. They would do that by getting the driver to select the higher power modes. Which would have helped a bit to keep Lewis behind in the middle of the race. But the bigger factor in keeping Lewis behind would have been energy harvesting, targeted energy use and PER race craft in knowing where to put the car and when. Far more significant and difficult than just selecting the highest power engine mode which they can only use for a certain amount of time before the engine starts to lose performance.

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No I’m not James lol.. 

Thanks for the information and clarification Ian, that’ll teach me to take the word of a BRDC member 😜
I’ll try and get the name of that journo, he was obviously barking up the wrong tree on that one. 🤔

Reactions: MVJ

IanW

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2007
, ,
No I’m not James lol.. 

Thanks for the information and clarification Ian, that’ll teach me to take the word of a BRDC member 😜
I’ll try and get the name of that journo, he was obviously barking up the wrong tree on that one. 🤔
I seem to remember that Ted Kravitz had some involvement in the story.

Anyone involved in F1 on the technical side should be able to spot that it was not technically possible for the reasons that I gave.

jamster

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 30, 2010
Lichfield
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just wondering has anyone found a location online where there's more information about the new car & rules for next year?

I'm totally crap at this searching thing on computers🥴
I use these sites:

image.png

Edit: the truncated two are f1i.com and Autosport.

Listed like that because I read them through RSS feeds using www.feedbin.com

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Devil and MVJ

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use these sites:

662AC5DA-FFD6-4E61-8EFE-F627D47880A3.jpeg

Edit: the truncated two are f1i.com and Autosport.

Listed like that because I read them through RSS feeds using www.feedbin.com
Thanks Chris plenty to go at there👍😝

Last edited by a moderator:

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have to say reading between the lines the FIA seem to have left some wiggle room in the rules for the new design car for next year so hopefully there will be differences between the teams.

They are keeping the power units from this year & reducing the carbon footprint by a few more percent so thats good news too👍

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lewis had another disapointment over weekend in the 'Extreme X' Championship his team getting beaten by Nico Rosbergs on count back because they both finished on the same points after the final race but Rosbergs team had more wins (sounds familiar)

Not the end too his year he wanted.🥴

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online