AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Novák, Pavel <pavel.novak1@avast.com>​

20:59 (1 hour ago)
to me

Good evening,

I am writing to you regarding your request to remove the detection on the hifiwigwam[.]com server. The detection is correct. It is an infected server. I have a question if you are a web owner, and if so, would you be willing to provide us with some files from your server to help us remove the infection on your server faster? If yes, please respond to this email. Otherwise, consider it irrelevant.

Sincerely,
--
Pavel Novák
Junior Threat Operations Analyst
+420 778 711 261
pavel.novak1@avast.com
avast.com

Protecting digital freedom for everyone.
Avast logo

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We are aware of this and it is in hand the file in question has been removed, we are running scans now but they take a long time. So we're hoping to have this completely dealt with tomorrow.

Also the file in question is not malicious.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
AVG are now saying “The site admin should remove the script - "hifiwigwam.com/forum/js/themehouse/io/ripple.min.js?_v=0f8e1fae". This should resolve the issue. “

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After 2 days of no notifications AVG is now going crazy, I’m getting 9 new ones every time I move on the site.

Also I can’t post anything on my PC, keep getting error messages. iPad is fine.

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is all in hand, will keep you updated.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is Avast that kept flagging up on my Mac
Avast and AVG are the same company. On their forum it is Avast and AVG. But several other antivirus software companies are also flagging this up.

Im not sure if this is connected to the other problems I’m having with this site on Windows or not.

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm going to share my personal opinion here for what it's worth and also something I never do. I'm a firm believer for people using windows machines that the built in(Free) windows defender is the best AV you can get. Chrome, firefox and other browsers have built in detection. I will never give my money to AVG/Avast etc and especially Kaspersky.(if you have Kaspersky on your machine please do yourself a favour and do some googling.)

edit: Again This is my own opinion, so don't take this as a dead certain FACT.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Right now I use Bitdefender and like them, all have sgn up offers, I have used Avira in the past.
What the issue with the 'wam has shown that they all share signatures !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles