Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just rearranged my small but dedicated listening room P1090597 (2).JPG
Looks superb! For an even calmer vibe, is there not room for the equipment in that alcove to the right - or is that a doorway? TT could go on a wall shelf then to get it at a more comfortable height and the view out of the french doors would be un-interrupted.

Reactions: deggie

wHIZZY

Measured Subjectivist
Wammer
Apr 12, 2016
Sunny Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Looks superb! For an even calmer vibe, is there not room for the equipment in that alcove to the right - or is that a doorway? TT could go on a wall shelf then to get it at a more comfortable height and the view out of the french doors would be un-interrupted
It was in the alcove previously but I got concerned as there are also heavy books on shelves in there which made thing awkward and I didn't want anything falling on the turntable, hence the. move. You are right however, it did look neater when it was in the alcove.

Reactions: lostwin

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just rearranged my small but dedicated listening room P1090597 (2).JPG
Absolutely stonking sir ❤️❤️❤️...

Lovely looking system, coupled to a lovely looking view... Absolutely lovely...

Being stuck in a apartment in a urban city.. I really miss the lovely greenery 🙁

Reactions: wHIZZY

wHIZZY

Measured Subjectivist
Wammer
Apr 12, 2016
Sunny Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Very nice view, both inside and through the doors. Do you have alternative positions for the speakers? I notice some marks in the carpet.
I moved the speakers further back and some of the marks you can see is where I marked the old position with chalk, just in case it didn't work out and I needed to move them back again. Luckily however, the new position seems to be working out well.

LSPC

LSPC
Wammer
Sep 19, 2020
Poole,Dorset
AKA
Lee.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tidy, but is the TT a bit close to the RH speaker?
Thanks how would I know if the TT is too close ? Sounds as good as I've ever heard it ,great upgrade when I fitted Lingo4 earlier this year.Even with the power supply fitted behind the TT (have placed it in several locations but can detect no difference to sound quality ) IMG_0136.jpeg

Reactions: robbyrtp and Craig_

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If it causes you no problems, it's OK so leave it alone; however its something I wouldn't do as some frequencies *may* feed back from the speaker to the turntable. If you want to check, put an LP on the platter but don't spin it. Then let the stylus down into the lead-in groove, and start leaning on the vol pot. You *may* find that above some level, you get a howl or a bassy boom (maybe a bit like a hollowbody jazzbox that's a bit too close to its amplifier). That frequency will be emphasised in the playback of your records and you might start to notice it when you've heard it. If it bothers you, try moving the TT further from the speaker.

Reactions: LSPC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles