FS // Kronzilla SXI

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
If only it said that in the advert! :roll: Nice looking amp - not exactly subtle but looks the business. What valves are those - they're HUGE! :shock:
T1610's

enbee23

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2005
North of Scotland,
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think KR want to sell to more people than own proper high sensitivity speakers, they sell 100w PSE monoblocks and 140w PP monoblocks with the T1610 too :shock:

I have a smaller KR amp, must admit I'd love to try this one :nerves:

enbee23

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2005
North of Scotland,
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
never heard KR amps what are they like? certainly high enough priced.
There have only been a handful of KRs in the wam that I know of. I still have mine and like it a lot. I had it at Scalford in 2009 and a few kind people mentioned my room positively in the writeup threads afterwards so it isn't all self delusion :D

KR amps are unusual in that they use valves only as the output devices, everything else is sand. They do use a few different valves though which offer different flavours of sound: 300B, 300B XLS, 842VHD and the massive T1610 above. Built like tanks, I've had absolutley zero burps, farts or glitches with mine in 5 years :^

lall

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 15, 2009
Plymouth/London
AKA
Jawa
I own a pair of KR 8000 vacuum tube mono amps in my main system, a former flagship of KR Audio and a personal favourite of Dr Kron. They use a pair of KT88/6550 tubes per mono channel. 48Kg each mono. Retailed for over us$30K.

Built like a tank, big strong gusty sound, not tube like at all, and ideally need to be partnered with a good tube preamp for best results.

I have experienced many amplifiers in my set up, but the KR 8000s are the most quiet amps I've ever come across. Also, not a single hiccup/malfunction from them during over 12 yrs of use - nowhere seen in any other tube amp. I can bet on that. I changed the tubes after some 5 yrs at the rate of 20 hrs/week usage.

But if you want delicate, sweet, warm, light and low volume listening after hours, stay away from KRs, they won't foot the bill...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online