Wammer
Wammer
Oct 26, 2014
Eton wick, berkshire
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
SJS Arcadia Model 1.5 line preamplifier.

I bought this from Simon not too long ago.
Now reluctantly up for sale for financial reasons.

This unit went through a full rebuild and upgrade 3 years ago and It was checked over and serviced by Simon before i purchased it.

New NOS valves (well...low hours now) Philips 5687WGB.
Silver wiring.
Tantalum resistors
Noble volume pot.
Mundorf HV+ HT capacitors

This is an original Model 1 that was upgraded/rebuilt to (unofficial - as there was never such a model) Model 1.5 spec.

When discussing further upgrade options, Simon suggested upgrading the main HT caps to Mundorf HV+, so they were also upgraded before purchase.

All work was carried out by Simon, and there is still 2-3 months left on the parts/labour warranty.

Very nice condition and sounds wonderful of course.

£1650.

Pics -

OOxf6zG.jpg

Reactions: Lee M

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Congratulations Lee (I presume). That's about premium spec for the Arcadia. A very, very special thing that is.

Lee M

was/is the purplepleaser
Wammer Plus
Nov 6, 2013
Manchester
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Congratulations Lee (I presume). That's about premium spec for the Arcadia. A very, very special thing that is.
Yes i have snapped it up. Bang goes my dac and streamer money. Lol...hopefully it will work well with my little Suggie.

• Upvote
Reactions: rabski and MF 1000

corgi 1

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 13, 2014
Hazlemere
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
PS selling my wife worked out well as the model 7 is fantastic- don't forget to go on the SJS Arcadia thread :)

Lee M

was/is the purplepleaser
Wammer Plus
Nov 6, 2013
Manchester
AKA
Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@corgi 1

I'll update the SJS thread. Im not sure what to expect over my little Sugden Pre-amp. More of everything i guess.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@corgi 1

I'll update the SJS thread. Im not sure what to expect over my little Sugden Pre-amp. More of everything i guess.
The Suggie is no slouch, but 'more of everything' is likely to be an understatement.

• Haha

corgi 1

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 13, 2014
Hazlemere
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Lee, when I had that pre I sent to simon for the upgrade, I also had a problem with the volume- not with the amp but with my Lindley power amps, now, excuse my ignorance, but believe Simon did some thing with the gain, im sure someone will put me right if that's wrong, so it was much louder than the standard 1.5, if there is a standard 1.5 that is !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles