fttp - sounds better to my ears ?

mr neds

Wammer
Wammer
May 6, 2008
SE London, , Uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Switched to fftp a couple of weeks ago. I wasn’t looking out for a difference with streaming, but it seems to be a bit crisper and, dare I say it, more musical ? Anyone else found this ? My connection is 1gb by the way

JohnyT

Wammer
Aug 14, 2022
Broadwey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What connection did you have before? I didn't notice any difference but I was already getting just under 80Mbps on the previous VDSL hardware.

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, good buzzing, cool talking, high walking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing...Pepsi!​

😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: lostwin

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
"You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!" 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: rabski and lazycat

A.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 1, 2014
Hertfordshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I prefer FTTC and compared with FTTP, I can hear a night and day, veil-skirt lifting, toe-tapping, so good even my wife could hear it sat in the next town, trust your ears, PRAT, just sounds right musicality. Sorry, if it sounds like I am lightheartedly taking the p*ss. Audiophiles with their magic stones, cryogenic cables, cable lifters and magic fuses are now hearing quantum differences in FTTP. Hifi forums never cease to surprise (and entertain). You need to lie down in a dark quiet room and abstain from audiophile nervosa forums for a while.

P.S. did you know that hifi sounds better if you align your hifi rack parallel to the lines of the earth’s magnetic North to South field lines.

Attachments

• 29E40C5E-8939-47C5-B949-355DE2A81654.jpeg
    29E40C5E-8939-47C5-B949-355DE2A81654.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Haha
Reactions: Maverick

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If you switch from twisted pair (ADSL) to fttp (fibre to the premises) you are introducing absolute galvanic isolation from the network delivering your service. ADSL, especially when delivered by pole is limited by distance and noise. fttp is not given the distances involved. Cable is not limited by distance either (by design rather than by nature) and is normally delivered via co-axial cable buried underground which reduces the potential impact of noise. I have fttp and ADSL into my home and working. It did sound different to me but I didn’t dwell on it and also I have since embarked on massive change in my system. But I could go back any time and make comparisons. But to be clear fttp is not a magic bullet to better sound. The variables are such that it might make a difference for some edge case users.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Henry, who is your FTTP provider? City have blown fibre to the end on my driveway and now their exclusive launch deal with Vodafone has ended I am considering moving from FTTC (supplied by BTO) but it won’t be with Vodafone, more likely Zen

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Henry, who is your FTTP provider? City have blown fibre to the end on my driveway and now their exclusive launch deal with Vodafone has ended I am considering moving from FTTC (supplied by BTO) but it won’t be with Vodafone, more likely Zen
I am a with BT for ADSL and BT Business for fttp. I honestly can’t comment on other providers, not least because I don’t know enough about their offerings to make informed comment. But so long as your chosen provider isn’t bottom of the customer services performance rankings you should be OK.

mr neds

Wammer
Wammer
May 6, 2008
SE London, , Uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
A.S., p**s take accepted. I didn’t change to fttp for any reason other than it was considerably cheaper than Virgin. I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced an improvement. I wasn’t looking for one or even expecting one, it just crept up on me 😉

A.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 1, 2014
Hertfordshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A.S., p**s take accepted. I didn’t change to fttp for any reason other than it was considerably cheaper than Virgin. I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced an improvement. I wasn’t looking for one or even expecting one, it just crept up on me 😉
Light hearted jesting mate. Never meant to upset thee. Enjoy buddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles