Wanted Fully modded Technics SL1210 - WHY?

Wanted

MotherSky

The stone that killed two birds
Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having very briefly had one of these pass through (an impulsive eBay purchase that turned out to be faulty), I'm wondering whether there's a decent example out there - I'd be interested in anything with external linear PSU, upgraded bearing and high mass platter - not fussed about fancy feet, plinth, platter mats etc, or indeed any aspect of cosmetic condition, but must be mechanically perfect - I do not require a tonearm either.
I am basically only interested in cash on collection, but would possibly make exceptions for established Wammers - I'm based in Shropshire, but get around a fair bit - if you have anything that might fit the bill, drop me a PM :)
MH

Last edited:

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have this listed on eBay. Pretty sure I have an upgraded bearing available for it as well. Happy to sell without arm. I probably have arm boards as well. PM me if you’d like to discuss.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30483530...oTVWgR_RS6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply - I'm not really bothered about cosmetic mods (which I'm sure you've done a nice job of) - and after something with one of the linear power supplies - Timestep etc - plus bearing and platter upgrades - MH

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a relatively new SL1200GR I could sell, which I have used very little. Might that be of interest?
Probably better suited to someone looking for a plug & play solution - anything I get is going to need a fair amount of faffing to get my arm on, and I wouldn't really want to do that to one of the fancy new generation - thanks for the offer, though - MH

Reactions: DomT

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Long shot but I have an SL-1210 mk2. No upgrades but the arm VTA adjustment is very sticky and I suspect arm has too thick tonearm cable that causes anti-skate to work less than expected.

Means I'm happy to sell at a price to reflect no arm.

You'd still need to find the upgrades of course, which may not be how you want to go.

If it is an option the rest of the deck seems to work perfectly and is in good condition.

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Long shot but I have an SL-1210 mk2. No upgrades but the arm VTA adjustment is very sticky and I suspect arm has too thick tonearm cable that causes anti-skate to work less than expected.

Means I'm happy to sell at a price to reflect no arm.

You'd still need to find the upgrades of course, which may not be how you want to go.

If it is an option the rest of the deck seems to work perfectly and is in good condition.
I'll bear it in mind, but not really what I'm after at the mo - wouldn't hurt to PM me a price if you can be bothered - MH

Reactions: Headcoat

MotherSky

Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
After doing a bit of research, I'm moving away from the idea of an SP10 - a bad (and expensive) experience with a vintage DD is what drew me to look at 1210s in the first place - really only looking for something fully upgraded - save me from having to dig out my 401 "project" from the loft! Prepared to travel for the right machine :) MH

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
Probably of no help but have a stock 1210 looking for a new home,deal to be had maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles