6dded46aea554d8790c564436373e921.jpg

c18ca8d681144b1983ef418142faabea.jpg

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Fantastic looking, and beautifully made too.

Sadly at the Heathrow show they sounded pants. What on earth posessed Tannoy to demo these lovely, and very traditional, speakers with a gimcrack plastic wireless mp3 gizmo???
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

Have a word, Dave.
wink.png

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
meninblack wrote:

Fantastic looking, and beautifully made too.Sadly at the Heathrow show they sounded pants. What on earth posessed Tannoy to demo these lovely, and very traditional, speakers with a gimcrack plastic wireless mp3 gizmo???

Have a word, Dave.
wink.png
I have a few of the people I know are on Holiday but its being looked into and I expect an answer later today.

told them they shot themselves in the foot using crap mp3
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

G

so wheres the pics of the good looking tannoys then, all I see is a funny looking box.

E

earl of sodbury

meninblack wrote:

Fantastic looking, and beautifully made too.Sadly at the Heathrow show they sounded pants. What on earth posessed Tannoy to demo these lovely, and very traditional, speakers with a gimcrack plastic wireless mp3 gizmo???

Have a word, Dave.
wink.png
Wot he said /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

What a disappoinment, and certain proof that crap in equals crap out...

Would love to have heard 'em with some hifi driving 'em - as they were on the "Lust List"...
sad.png
They certainly look good (IMHO)

ultrasonic

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 7, 2006
, , United Kingdom
Im sure they look better in the flesh(can't really look any worse:puke:) but the build on those look just about good enough for richersounds:minikiev:

i thought their dimension series looked the best but then i would being afan of shiny things:hom:

Ultra

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Kiang wrote:

can one buy these dual concentric drivers new if so where ?
Buy them from Tannoy go to

http://www.hilberink.nl/speaker.htm

have a look through DC speakers and it tells you which ones you can still get bits for current models factory would service but no loner sold models you can buy drivers for

also The Emporium sells drivers

also http://melhuish.org/audio/DIYBX18.htmlinfo here

if you want a cheap to buy and try this company sell them copies £40 each

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/menu/index.php?manufacturer=Eminence&masthead=Loudspeaker%20Drivers&subheadnew=12%20inch%20Drivers

you will find a new company to the market will be using them soon http://www.edenlake.com

EL-Loudspeaker.jpg

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
I think the good looking thing is a little bit relative.

They are good looking next to all the other big tannoys which look like they are part of the central heating system from a Victorian stately home.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Uncle Ants wrote:

I think the good looking thing is a little bit relative. They are good looking next to all the other big tannoys which look like they are part of the central heating system from a Victorian stately home.
Why is it so many people are bothered by looks? its what they sound like that matters and they sound great most of the range has a waiting list and has been on sale for 65 years

I think too many hi fi fans are on too tight a lead

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
Davewhityetagain wrote:

Why is it so many people are bothered by looks? its what they sound like that matters and they sound great most of the range has a waiting list and has been on sale for 65 yearsI think too many hi fi fans are on too tight a lead
There's a lot of assumptions in that "too tight a lead" comment. I am on no leash at all other than that of my own creating.

I wouldn't give the big Tannoys room in my house. They could be the best sounding things in the world (and some folks have told me they are) but they look the kind of things that might be cherished by a retired second hand car salesman from Solihul.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Uncle Ants wrote:

Davewhityetagain wrote:
Why is it so many people are bothered by looks? its what they sound like that matters and they sound great most of the range has a waiting list and has been on sale for 65 yearsI think too many hi fi fans are on too tight a lead
There's a lot of assumptions in that "too tight a lead" comment. I am on no leash at all other than that of my own creating.

I wouldn't give the big Tannoys room in my house. They could be the best sounding things in the world (and some folks have told me they are) but they look the kind of things that might be cherished by a retired second hand car salesman from Solihul.
not saying your on a lead a few members seem to be on one

I did not like the look at first it grows on you, but once set up at home for a demo they have not moved since, all replacements I have though of have been bigger from the range or Kingdom next range up

only none Tannoy I would think of is B&W 802

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles