Good places to buy Vinyl

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
I thought it might be useful to have a thread where we could list our favourite record stores particularly as finding good sources of vinyl is getting harder by the day...

In my neck of the woods there are a couple of shops called Affordable Sounds, one in Tring and one in Berkhamsted. They always seem to have a few hundred secondhand records around the £5 mark and a good handful of new releases too..

Cheers

Hawk

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Quite a few good places up here in Scotland to buy vinyl new and 2nd hand.

Edinburgh ; Fopp and Avalanche records in Cockburn St. are virtually next door to each other plus Avalanche have an bigger selection in the other shop, I think Nicholson street.

Stirling ; Europa has one of the biggest collections of new and 2nd hand vinyl I've seen for years. Good layout also as they catagorize in genres and alphabetically.

Not to forget Oxfam but the pricing policy here has been looked into:(Fair dues tho as most of the Lp's I have bought from here have a "PROMOTIONAL COPY NOT FOR RESALE " sticker on them but are usually mint condition .

Glasgow I don't know very well ,being from the East coast , but there's a few in the Barras market with a v.good selection.One guy in particular has an amazing stock of both Lp's and singles that are collectable i.e Beatles , Stones etc and loads of classic punk. Priced accordingly tho.

But my favourite , and I shouldn't really be saying this , is Errol car-boot sale.

Amazing :DThere is aguy who has a steel container , as in transported by lorry , absolutely packed with vinyl for a pound a pop . I can honestly say I have never picked out an Lp that I wanted to buy from this guy that wasn't in A1 condition and I can spend hours there if it wasn't for my wife.

I didn't say that out loud ? did I ???

Sorry but no idea of any North of Dundee.
tongue.png

chezi.

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Hawk,

If in Edinburgh get to Princess St. the opposite end from the Castle , you'll find Princes' Mall . (opposite side of the road from all the shops)

Walk down between Princes' Mall and Princess St. Gardens , over the opening and exit to Waverley Station , You'll see loads of Tour buses and Taxi's.

Cross the road at the end and walk straight ahead into Cockburn St.Keeping Princess St. at the back of you and the Castle to your far right.

Cockburn St. is class
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
, cobbled street that climbs up to the Royal Mile , some very good shops for clothes , music , posters , t-shirts and "Head" shops.

Check it out ,think you'll like it.
wink.png

Or give me a shout before you come up and I'll give you a tour.

chezi.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
chezi61 wrote:

Hawk, If in Edinburgh get to Princess St. the opposite end from the Castle , you'll find Princes' Mall . (opposite side of the road from all the shops)

Walk  down between Princes' Mall and Princess St. Gardens , over the opening and exit to Waverley Station , You'll see loads of Tour buses and Taxi's.

Cross the road at the end and walk straight ahead into Cockburn St.Keeping Princess St. at the back of you and the Castle to your far right.

Cockburn St. is class
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
, cobbled street that climbs up to the Royal Mile , some very good shops for clothes , music  , posters , t-shirts and "Head" shops.

Check it out ,think you'll like it.
wink.png

Or give me a shout before you come up and I'll give you a tour.

chezi.
Cheers Chezi, I think I know the Princes Mall... Its up near the Balmoral Hotel isnt it?

I'll take a wonder next time im up and ill give you a shout

Cheers

Hawk

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Bang on Hawk , Princes Mall next to the Balmoral.
wink.png

Give me fair warning and I could nip over. Pm or email.

Festival starts this week till the end of August, loads of record traders near the Grassmarket area , and people everywhere . It's absolutely brilliant. The street entertainment is great and free.
74_74.gif.e35fe9be22561407fdbfee747b876f81.gif
:party:

chezi

A

A.N.

if your ever on the wirral, check out skeleton records just of oxton road, birkenhead.

the guy forgets more than i know about vinyl. superb prices too :)

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
Skeleton Records is a great shop, I agree. I can often be found rooting around in the back room of a Saturday spending money I don't have.

John (the owner) is very knowledgable and helpful if you are after something in particular.

KxF

snapper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
, ,
Otago Lane,in Glasgows West End.Sorry no idea the name of the shop.Good for pop,rock and indie.Excellent for Classical vinyl 60's,70's box sets etc.Very very cheap.

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Disc Discovery Springbank Hull

good choice of used vinyl and cd's and sensible prices

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Plenty of bargains to be had at Record fairs. Check out 'Record fairs UK' for your nearest one. I declare an interest in that i sell at some in the S.E.; but i also choose to buy at them. With a tiny bit of persuasion from the dealer next to me at Ashtead last Sunday I got 'A Hard Road' by John Mayall for a fiver. Needs a clean, but that's where Spider's RCM is going to come in handy...

Jack NSM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creedy