Great service from a hi fi company!

lee1975

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 17, 2010
Nottingham, England
AKA
Lee
Audio Note's service is second-to-none whether you buy from them direct or have bought their kit secondhand. They are very reasonable with their charges for repairs and Martin Grennal is extremely generous with his time and helpful when it comes to any enquiries you may have.

It doesnt get better than this!

God bless the badgers! :notworthy:
I can second this when I had audionote got great service from them.

Bruce

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2010
AKA
Bruce
On my List-- Michael at Ayre Acoustics--had a CXE-7 not read Discs(well 3years out of warranty)--they sent new laser FOC--but did not fix-- called them--they said send to them--they'd fix PLUS upgrade to latest specs also FOC

Top that--greaaaaat service!

On the other end of the scale Plinius--Avoid!--- no response to fix an Amp with one channel down--sad demise of once great Product

Bruce

Frizzy brizzy

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 3, 2013
New forest
AKA
Laurie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Shout out to my dude Tom at Art Audio, sent him a slightly unsuitable Carissa he is sending back a jota for about half the cost he could have charged, and prettied up the old pre with a new shiny faceplate for free.

Definitive are super duper, at a price!

minorrevival

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 13, 2012
France
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The same service was, and, I believe still is, available from Michell Engineering.
I received excellent service from Michell too - friendly, professional and efficient.

Also from Viva Audio in Italy when I got my Solista upgraded to the latest spec. Highly recommended.

alienprophet

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 17, 2013
Kent
AKA
Bob
I had a curious experience many years ago but one thing about it has always stuck in my mind.

I had a problem with a very expensive cd player many years ago and the manufacturer of the unit was unable to supply the parts needed to repair it, likewise they were not the least bit helpful about offering a solution.

Over several weeks i phoned every manufacturer i could think of almost worldwide to try and locate a suitable spare part.

The thing that facinated me most were Naim. I never had owned any Naim equipment at that, time but within about 15 minutes of having a conversation with their service department, who were very helpful but unable to help with the part i needed i received a call from a Director of the company, we had a fairly lengthy conversation and even though it was not a Naim product he made a genuine effort to try and help me locate a suitable spare part.

Hence even ten years later i remember that and if ever in a position to persue the hobby again Naim will be my first port of call.

vacdac

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A big thumbs up for Paul at Hi-Fi Lounge and PMC. For taking the time to sort out and send me out some spares for my Bryston. Which arrived 2 days later free of charge, top stuff.
Yup Paul @ Hi-Fi lounge is extremely helpful I have found, offering a very person oriented friendly & courteous approach. I've just bought an Oppo BDP103D*(*Derby Edition) from him. He's taken the time to answer all my questions well & has gone to some effort to get the unit to me speedily directly from Oppo UK. I'm now chomping at the bit to have it quickly installed on its arrival. :D

Dealing directly with Mfrs....I've had extremely positive dealings with Michell, where there is still v much a sense of it being a small family run business. Dealing directly with them even for low value items is always a pleasure & they always seem to make a real effort.

Olle the C.E.O. of XTZ has also bent over backwards to quickly resolve an intermittent problem to my power amp & quickly got a brand new replacement to me. :cool: I've also had positive dealings with Audiolab too in the past.

Seriously though ......a second hearty WELL DONE!!!!!! :^ To Paul @ Hi-Fi Lounge:hug: :cool: .....Well deserved mate! Dealing with you has been a real delight. I've got to say you weren't so much on my Radar as a dealer before I did a search for Wammer dealers who sell OPPO kit. I've seen your recent Headphone related postings re your 'Open day' etc, so was aware at least re your excellent selection of H/Phones & Can/Amps. :love: . Lol makes me kinda glad you're not on my doorstop & that my desires in this direction are sated.......at least for now. :oops: :D

I'd certainly encourage other Wammers to check out HiFi Lounge, they seem to know their stuff & stock a good range of quality items.

C. :upgrade: :stereo:

• Upvote
Reactions: brystonian

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles