Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well started the last one and few both enjoyed the track which is the best result but also had a little fun and reason to listen to identify the sound . So this one is inspired by Chris on this forum who when i had a system at Kegworth came in to my room with his wife and had this track on a thumb drive . Asked me to play it and of course I did . Never been an Elvis fan but was blown away by this track . So why add it here . Well the better your system is at resolution then the more real and easy to identify the drum rolls and other percussion . I have heard this sound like drums with a blanket over them and heard it sound like real drums . This is a very natural recording and the attack and decay of the drums when come flashing in is very fast and really tests what your system is delivering . Give it a go and see how dynamic and real the percussion sounds .

First time I played this my mind went straight to the following track as being an artist who in many ways gives me the same feel as Elvis but with a more modern sensibility . It is also a track that can sound edgy and sibilant if your system is not good at being quick and dynamic . This should sound atmospheric and have an edge to it . Let me know how you get on .

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It was a test track on the Dali Test CD.
Spot on George that is where Chris got it from so not sure if that was special mastered one or just taken from the original Elivs album . This was a 1960 recording so it was probably using a very simple and direct chain which no doubt helped it sound as good as it does .

Reactions: George 47

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles