Heathrow repercussions

G

Ok anyone see anything that really took their fancy this year and would fit into a normal sized living room.
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

No i'm not going first
biggrin.png

G

Ok i heard this and was mightily impressed. So if my source broke and i had topick a new spinner then this would be top of my list

808_400.jpg

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
Duvet Ihave used one of those for the last couple of years and it isn't at all bad, I would go for the Meridian 'clock radio', it was very impressive,I could live without the Ferrari badge though.

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Duvet wrote:

Ok i heard this and was mightily impressed. So if my source broke and i had topick a new spinner then this would be top of my list
808_400.jpg
hum - very impressive - is it just red book or multi-format?

Picard

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
well, this is getting boring...meridian - 808i, bridged amps and their new all singing all dancing 'clock radio'.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
coopee wrote:

Duvet Ihave used one of those for the last couple of years and it isn't at all bad, I would go for the Meridian 'clock radio', it was very impressive,I could live without the Ferrari badge though.
Couldn't beleive my ears. That little clock radio sounded very very passable indeed.

The big beastie as above really made the day for me, along with the nice amps (and PMC EB1's but they wouldn't fit in my room).

also Pathos / Triangle in the UK-D room was a very good system indeed.

ray70

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
I didn't even go and I want a Raven One
wub.png
. Does anyone know what arm it was used with?

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Picard wrote:

well, this is getting boring...meridian - 808i, bridged amps and their new all singing all dancing 'clock radio'.
You heard them then? Or are you just in a mood:D

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
ray70 wrote:

I didn't even go and I want a Raven One
wub.png
. Does anyone know what arm it was used with?
Looks like the Vivid 2 Ray. GT Audio are only in Denham so im tempted to go and have a proper listen sometime soon.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Why all the fuss about this fekkin Raven thing? Did I miss something?

I saw a TT that looked like a technodek, with a bendy old fashoined arm on it. Sounded nice, granted, but what is so special about it? Certainly did no more than Neils Orbe I heard, or any more than Guys SP10.

Picard

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
HiFiWigWam wrote:

Picard wrote:
You heard them then? Or are you just in a mood:D
hah, yes probably in a mood but it's 4.30am here in the US and i've been up for two hours already
sad.png
. that said, i really liked the meridian stuff. their amps in particular suprised me.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
HiFiWigWam wrote:

Why all the fuss about this fekkin Raven thing? Did I miss something?I saw a TT that looked like a technodek, with a bendy old fashoined arm on it. Sounded nice, granted, but what is so special about it? Certainly did no more than Neils Orbe I heard, or any more than Guys SP10.
Thats the question im trying answer myself
wink.png

There seems a fair amount of hype about it, and as im just about to buy a new TT I wanted to hear for myself. I was guessing it was in the same ballpark as the Orbe, maybe with a slightly different flavour, but comments about it scaring an SME30 got my attention. Im not sure if those comments were about the Raven one or the more expensive Raven AC though??

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hawk wrote:

HiFiWigWam wrote:
Why all the fuss about this fekkin Raven thing? Did I miss something?I saw a TT that looked like a technodek, with a bendy old fashoined arm on it. Sounded nice, granted, but what is so special about it? Certainly did no more than Neils Orbe I heard, or any more than Guys SP10.
wink.png

There seems a fair amount of hype about it, and as im just about to buy a new TT I wanted to hear for myself. I was guessing it was in the same ballpark as the Orbe, maybe with a slightly different flavour, but comments about it scaring an SME30 got my attention. Im not sure if those comments were about the Raven one or the more expensive Raven AC though??
or a sweeping generalisiation from one of the masters of sweeping generalisation, rmeber the chap who said so has not had a sme 30 in his home system defo nice looking though, looks like a mini brinkman, although I wonder how much it's ;looks sway folks, it's amazing how much of an influenece thay has, me i'm going for summat else, but the raven does look nice, will i care if it's better or worse than my new one, no, not a jot, i buy what I like, coops buys what he likes etc...

G

I only heard the Raven through some Tron amps and Horns:nup: . PLaying SRV it was verging on polite to my ears. The deck iteslf looks wonderful to me . So i'd like to hear it on something a bit more ballsy.

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hawk wrote:

HiFiWigWam wrote:
wink.png

The Raven TW (the more expensive one) is the one rumoured to be an SME 30 slayer. I think it has a lot to do with how close it gets for less than half the price of the SME deck. Reviews of it suggest it's up there with the very best in TT designs.

I have to say looking at the pics of the Raven one the finish doesn't look as good as previous pic, but that could just be me of course.

Many people in the hifi world use the guys power supply designs apparently.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
What are you going for then Paul?

Im with you on the looks, it certainly can hold quite a bit of sway but for me sound is more important. I still need something room friendly though, and I'd like to hear the Raven for myself so if nothing else I can either rule it out with confidence, or you never know get a pleasant suprise;)

If Jammys heard it and doesnt think it blasts my Orbe, I suspect I'll be staying on the same track though
smile.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenSea_0