kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
Hi All,

Just thought I would pop in and say hi. Been a while, still no internet at home but I'll get there soon..

My hifi question relates to cartridge rebuilds. I've had a quote from 'The Cartridge Man' to fit a new stylus, cantiliver and recalibrate my Kontrapunkt B for £375.00. He will return it to at leastits original spec or exceed it.It's starting to go a little ragged at the top end so its time for it to be rejuvinated.

Are there any other people who come recommended, Van Den Hul's turnaround is a bit long for me.

I could exchange my current onefor another stock Kontrapunkt B for around £4-500 but am looking at all options.

Suggestions welcome,

Cheers,

Phil

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
some one answer Phil, he hasn't been in for ages and I have no clue about cart re-builds.
biggrin.png

hi Phil BTW.

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
Hi guys and thanks for the replies, will send an email and see what is what.

Looking busy around these parts these days. Good to see things have really taken off. HFC who?
wink.png

Phil

G

i would go get a new van den hul mc one special it's far better than an ortofon .my mate deals in them and can get them quite cheaper than the hifi shops i'll dig his number out if you want.

i paid £500 for mine.

and they are fully rebuildable

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have no direct experience of 'the cart man' but I remember he used to get regular priase in various hi fi mags. However, if Rudi's offer is real, then it seems like a cracking and very tempting dal...are you sober Rudi?

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
Rudolf, what is the output of the MC 1 Sp.? Do you know off the top of your head, any other specs would be useful as well.

Thanks,

Phil

G

kingsxfan wrote:

That would be a great help rudolf, any exchange given for my current cart?
no exchange and he buys direct from van den hul in bulk so to save money.i have his number on my wifes phone and she's at work i'll pm you tommorrow with his number

G

Duvet wrote:

Hi Kings i'd pm Audioorigami for some friendly advice
just to be sure, J7 prefers you to email from his website, get quicker response too

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
supercapman wrote:

Good to see you back Phil
smile.png
Cheers Chris,

Hope to have my internet back on at home early next year. Still a lot of wrangling going on financially regarding my d-i-v-o-r-c-e so I have to be careful with my pennies, hifi first mind you!! Will try to steal some time whilst I'm in work to get my hand back in here!

Phil

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
Crustyloafer wrote:

That's a very nice deck you have there. Just out of interest, how long have you had your Kontrpunkt B? I have just purchased mine and am curious about it's expected lifespan.
They're ok
wink.png

I've had mine for about 18 months and its seen about a 1500 hours. It started to distort mildly at the top at around 1400 hours. I keep my records very clean and use a Moth vacuum machine. It's expensive keeping an MC cart on the go!

supercapman

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Bath, , United Kingd
AKA
Chris
kingsxfan wrote:

supercapman wrote:
Good to see you back Phil
smile.png
Cheers Chris,

Hope to have my internet back on at home early next year. Still a lot of wrangling going on financially regarding my d-i-v-o-r-c-e so I have to be careful with my pennies, hifi first mind you!! Will try to steal some time whilst I'm in work to get my hand back in here!

Phil
Maybe a silver lining in the offing, you may end up with a better system
yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif

(Not that you need it mind you:lwink:)

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
Haha,

Doubt I'll have much leftto allow a serious upgrade, just enough to sort out my cart for now.

The next serious upgrade will be on the woman front! :bounce:

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry to hear about your divorce mate. I'm the bloke who came down from Leeds and bought your pre & power amps a year or two ago! Hope you get to keep the speakers and the dog!
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles