Linn Owners

Help!! Akurate 4200 Dynamik not working after UK storm power cut.

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So glad to hear that your 'fixed up' Imseti. (well done Richard)

I remember you from the early days of the Linn forums, we had the same system at the time!

So sorry to hear about your health woes. I hope the system provides you with the joy as it did before.

Kind regards......
Hi pdcman. I remember you too and so many other names on this forum from the old Linn forum. Thanks for the best wishes.

I wonder how much business Linn lost in closing their forum. Seemed crazy to me as there were so many members with a vast knowledge of Linn products promoting Linn.

Reactions: pdcman

Mark57

Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
It’s off topic I guess, but given the passage of time perhaps we can now look back to the closure of the old forum with clearer eyes. I think this new arrangement is better all round *. Linn don’t have to pay staff to moderate and do not have to be concerned with any legal ramifications of opinions expressed of people or companies. Not being an ‘official’ manufacturers forum they are not seen as implicitly endorsing anything written. It is however a shame that the transition could not have been planned and carried out more smoothly with people given adequate notice and some way of preserving the historic posts made.

* The one thing that would be better is a bit more engagement by Linn at least as far as facts and sources of help are concerned.

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Linn don’t have to pay staff to moderate and do not have to be concerned with any legal ramifications of opinions expressed of people or companies. Not being an ‘official’ manufacturers forum they are not seen as implicitly endorsing anything written.
In very general terms, this is basically what happened. I had a conversation with the head guy about all this. Misinformation about their own products on their own website was a concern.

Reactions: Moomintroll

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think this new arrangement is better all round
It is however a shame that we 'lost' a number of important contributors to the forum - including Linn Staff. Some have usernames here but rarely, if ever, contribute. As you mention the loss of years of informative posts was also a major faux pas.

Reactions: Imseti

Mark57

Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
I guess that if Linn felt some of the posts were wrong or misleading they would not have been in a hurry to preserve them. Another advantage of an independent site…

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The forum admins have removed the 'solved' function which used to take anyone searching for the solution straight to the answer, so here are some details for anyone who is looking for info for this inevitable problem in time with all x100 and x200 power-amps with a Dynamik PS. The thread where the info (apart from here) is:

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/akurate-4200-power-up-delay.90584/
The key post and recommended contact on that thread is post 13 - member CJ1045, CJ (Richard) of Krescendo Hi-Fi who I highly recommend to do this particular job rather than sending your unit(s) to Linn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doubleroll

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles