Aug 18, 2010
Bucks
AKA
Sean
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all

I am in a panic! :(

Can anybody tell who could service a Einstein "the Tube" pre amplifier in the Uk. It has just gone silent on and off since Thursday, it came back Saturday now gone completely. I had changed tubes to see if it was them and came back on Saturday for a time but now gone.

It had done this on few occasions in the last few months ,I didn't pay to much attentionas I thought just quirky as worked again after removing cables etc..

I have checked everything etc and its the Einstein, I know these are rare in UK and don't really have funds for sending to Germany & repair.

Any help much appreciated

regard's

Sean

Purite Audio

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 29, 2007
London, UK
AKA
Keith
David Wright. isn't too far from you, he is extremely competent.

If you purchased from a dealer then as the first step I would contact them and describe the problem

Keith.

Mcderms

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2010
Bucks
AKA
Sean
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi guys

Thanks for the help, I'll review your recommendations and make a decision, the fact that Einstein have no UK distributor, I was half thinking of sending it back to them in Germany. But this sounds very expensive, obviously don't want anyone that may make it worse!

Sean

anubisgrau

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2006
Belgrade Serbia
AKA
Gordan
Hi guysThanks for the help, I'll review your recommendations and make a decision, the fact that Einstein have no UK distributor, I was half thinking of sending it back to them in Germany. But this sounds very expensive, obviously don't want anyone that may make it worse!

Sean
it's not a rocket science. call the manufacturer, ask them who was their authorized service while they had a dealership on the UK. if none, describe them a problem. they would 99% know what is the issue and would give you a fair guidance to do it locally. at least this is my experience, albeit with the US manufacturers aware of silly overseas shipping costs.

even if no support, try with the contacts above, you will certainly not get it back worse than it's now (dead:))

seriously it ain't a rocket science. just toobs.

graham67

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2010
I can highly recommend Henry, or "toprepairman" on the wam, he has worked and fixed problems with valve and solid state amps. Very knowledgable, and a skilled repairer. He is also a really good guy and a gent. He is near junction 9 of M25.

Mcderms

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2010
Bucks
AKA
Sean
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi guys

thanks for the updates, would you believe on the off chance i replaced the 1a slow blow fuse at the iec and the unit worked last night played for about an hour no issues. Not sure why, as it came with on before with power light and all valves lighted!

I am going to run again tonight to see if it stops "wish me luck"

Sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles