Help understanding values of SME 3009 and 3012 arms

lordmortlock

Lordmortlock
Wammer
Jun 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a couple of SME arms here to sell for a vendor client of mine after a house clearance and I've been keeping track of auctions on eBay to get a handle on prices. They're all over the place, with far more variation than normal eBay tolerances. I think I'm right on saying that age, serial number has a bearing on price. Any pointers on what I should be listing when I sell them please wammers?

old_school

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 8, 2011
London
AKA
Jay
Series 1 arms seem to command a higher rate, likely for the collectability. The older split-weight series 2s come in next. It's hard to figure all of the factors on eBay auctions, but the quality of the ad copy is part of it.

David.D

Wammer
Wammer
May 7, 2011
Nr Cirencester
Prices seem to be lower at certain times of the year, summer holidays are one of them.

September onwards may be a good time to advertise, the extra effort in taking good photos can help to bring in better prices.

There are two sellers on eBay who tend to get good results with SME, they both take professional quality pictures.

David

lordmortlock

Lordmortlock
Wammer
Jun 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Prices seem to be lower at certain times of the year, summer holidays are one of them.September onwards may be a good time to advertise, the extra effort in taking good photos can help to bring in better prices.

There are two sellers on eBay who tend to get good results with SME, they both take professional quality pictures.

David
I agree. There's been some cracking hifi bargains generally over the last couple of months, with some lovely things not selling at all. Some kind of UK temp/achieved 2nd hand hifi price comparison chart might be half interesting

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boro53

Latest Articles