Heybrook Signature Series Speakers and Power Amp

AmDismal

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2007
Not at that price. The Quartets were a lot less than two thirds of the quality of the Sextets too.

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ha, ha, very optimistic price. The Quartets (hateful speakers, bright and nasty with a horrible nasty metal dome tweeter), usually go for £150 to £250 in good condition with the woody stands. The amps are more interesting, but it's only the power amp, so worth £300 tops. Amps probably worth £450 to £500 for the pre/power, not sure who originally made the amps, but it wasn't Heybrook.

The Sextets are much, much better, don't bother with Quartets is my view. You can still find Sextets for £250-ish.

Bourney

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2006
stoke on trent
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Metal dome tweeter ? I'm Sure it was fabric .. And they weren't bright at all, they were reasonably sweet but they had very little grunt at all. Great for gentle vocals but very little else.

V

Voice_Coil

not sure who originally made the amps, but it wasn't Heybrook.
This i find odd, i used to own the previous pre/power , it is a 3 box affiar, and certainly IS made by heybrook, i was going to get it serviced, they was happy to undertake this job, i chose not to in the end, but it certainly WAS heybrook that made mine, inside some of the large caps even had ''heybrook'' printed on them ?

Please would you try to think who originally made them, because if it wasnt heybrook, id love to know. :^

- - - Updated - - -

The amp is ok though..But, a bargain was missed in the DJ section a while ago for a full Heybrook stack:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEYBROOK-SIGNATURE-STEREO-AMPLIFIER-Stacking-Units-/290973515809
this is almost identical to the 3 box i had, they used a slightly different font on mine tho, i MIGHT even have a photo somewhere....

billy bargain at that price tho, superb amps !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenSea_0