Answered Hi folks, every time I change 'pages' annoyingly the wam privacy banner pops up even though I accept the cookie policy. Any clues/ideas

This question has been answered.

Slightly Athletic

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 30, 2013
London
AKA
Johnny NoCash
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi folks, every time I change 'pages' annoyingly the wam privacy banner pops up even though I accept the cookie policy. Any clues/ideas image.png

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Me too.
Have almost used the phone as a frizbee a few times this morning.

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There is a small chance this could happen again, I've had to route our polices and GDPR compliance through another service to keep it up to date. Just teething issues, but I'll get it sorted ASAP.

Reactions: Maverick

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And this one at the top ? It won't go away.
Really dont like pop ups :confused:
Screenshot_20221009-152205_Chrome.jpg
This is the same as the one that appeared at the bottom of the screen, clicking got it will make it go, see details will give you more in depth info.

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've started getting intrusive ads between every post on a thread since this morning, could it be related?
Can you give me some more details, in content adverts should only be displaye dot people who aren't logged in.

is this happening on every page?
what device are you using?
Share a screenshot of the issue.
the url of the page you are facing this issue.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can you give me some more details, in content adverts should only be displaye dot people who aren't logged in.

is this happening on every page?
what device are you using?
Share a screenshot of the issue.
the url of the page you are facing this issue.
I'm on the android app there was an advert after every post on every thread I looked at. They've just disappeared in the last 10 mins so I can't find an example!

Reactions: Roo

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm on the android app there was an advert after every post on every thread I looked at. They've just disappeared in the last 10 mins so I can't find an example!

We have recently moved to a new advert system and I think this was a teething issue, it has been resolved.

Reactions: Lawrence001
Solution

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
Lincolnshire Coast
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What are you selecting when it pops up?
Navigating between forum 'rooms'. Certainly not all the time, but usually if I haven't been on the Mac for a few hours. I use my iPad Pro for most of my time on the forum; no problems at all and no pop ups! I'll log a few instances on my Mac, if I remember:)

WamAdmin

👻
Staff member
Mar 19, 2020
AKA
Admin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Navigating between forum 'rooms'. Certainly not all the time, but usually if I haven't been on the Mac for a few hours. I use my iPad Pro for most of my time on the forum; no problems at all and no pop ups! I'll log a few instances on my Mac, if I remember:)
Do you use a VPN? do you enable cookies? Does your mac browser have cookies enabled? Only time it should ask you each visit is if you have cookies disabled, because you're not allowing it to remember your choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles