Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've ordered a few things from them over the years. A couple of times I've had to chase them for an order update. They seem to list every Hi-fi product under the sun as "Available", when in fact it's sitting in the distributors warehouse on the continent or something.

Reactions: alan967tiger

Bogart

Bogart
Wammer
Nov 18, 2020
Norwich
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not commenting on whether they are worth bothering with or not, but these Black Rhodium mains cables are heavily reduced. Other lengths also available:

https://www.mcru.co.uk/product/blac...power-cable-clearance-1-7-mtr/?v=79cba1185463
No idea where they get the original £120 from. The cable can be bought for £20/m add at most a fiver for plugs shown. The cable is nothing fancy just standard 3 core flex except it is twisted.
So why not twist your own and have a real bargain.

The Great Soprendo

Wammer
Feb 14, 2023
Sunderland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No idea where they get the original £120 from. The cable can be bought for £20/m add at most a fiver for plugs shown. The cable is nothing fancy just standard 3 core flex except it is twisted.
So why not twist your own and have a real bargain.
Don't disagree, but not everyone has the means or capability, and there is the cost of the connectors at both ends to factor in, which are probably more than a fiver's worth. So to get it made for you professionally (and remove some doubt that you've done it badly) for a little more than the cost of the parts seems a decent deal to me. Realise it's not for everyone, though, especially those that can DIY.

Bogart

Bogart
Wammer
Nov 18, 2020
Norwich
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don't disagree, but not everyone has the means or capability, and there is the cost of the connectors at both ends to factor in, which are probably more than a fiver's worth. So to get it made for you professionally (and remove some doubt that you've done it badly) for a little more than the cost of the parts seems a decent deal to me. Realise it's not for everyone, though, especially those that can DIY.
The £55 is much more realistic it was the £120 I took exception to. Any you can certainly get both
plugs for under a fiver.

m7rso

Hath Wammed
Wammer Plus
Aug 14, 2009
LIVERPOOL, U K.
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very well reviewed valve headphone amp..Monoprice Monolity Liquid Platinum, less than half priceish but in the usa, from Monoprice direct.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=33305
Never ordered any as at the moment I have too many amps, but at 339 dollars which is less than half whack…anyhoo I got all the way to it adding delivery charges for international shipping so they are still available.

Last edited:
Reactions: antonio66

Bogart

Bogart
Wammer
Nov 18, 2020
Norwich
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
States on the ad will not ship internationally. Also Monoprice in Europe has ceased trading,.

Reactions: philb36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles