History of the Eagles tonight on BB2 10.00 p.m.

Ian Sampson

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 5, 2006
Cumbria
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tonight's show is two hours long and covers the band itself.

Tomorrow nights show at 10.30 p.m. to 11.40 p.m. covers the solo careers of the band members.

This is then followed at 11.40 p.m. by In Concert: The Eagles, a 1973 performance by the band.

Best wishes

Ian

naxos10

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 8, 2009
Staffordshire
AKA
Alan
First class rockumentary which really gave an insight into the band and it's tribulations towards the end. Looking forward to the second part tonight.

Smooth Operator

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 4, 2012
Ludlow, UK
AKA
Peter
Both parts of the documentary were really interesting. I've never been much of an Eagles fan but Hotel California was everywhere at a significant point in my life so, whenever I hear it I'm instantly transported back in my mind. Nice to see a lucid rock documentary, helped, I think, by the fact that the participants had something worthwhile to say.

:^

misterpete

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 28, 2007
N Yorks
AKA
Have a guess!
Great stuff, made me dig out my Eagles stuff for another listen. Saw them live at Manchester a couple of years ago, one of the best live shows I have ever seen.

Sumdumgi

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I enjoyed the music, some great musicianship and the insight to some of the aspects around how the band collapsed and re-formed - both episodes were excellent. I enjoyed the 70's concert broadcast after part 2 last night too. The thing that struck me is (mainly Frey and Henley) how serious about everything they were. I know it's a business and a living but the only emotion shown throughout was when Felder talked about his sacking. I like Don Henley and have all his solo stuff, was interesting to hear his former record company exec describe him as a 'professional malcontent'.

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As naff as most unknowing people sadly rate 'The Eagles' (not the Bristol band, who were shite...), I have always liked them/found both parts of BBC2 HD broadcast super (available on fair-priced DVD).

I have not seen-heard a better resume of noise-combo life-career than those 2 BBC2 progs. And then the 1973 28 min live Beeb show ...

I agree that as was said above/in the programmes, Eagles soundtracked lots of our lives.

I wish all 'the peace' from e.g. 1990 for the digital sounds 1-0 soundtracking theirs on Apple stew ...

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Played yesterday for first time in 5 1/2 years Eagles last album - 1st CD very loudly @ 117 db in this stone room/2nd CD outside via Sony portable Discman-headphones in sun ... what a jolly good collection it is, even for CD.

TLROOE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online