Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Could be fairly decent @ that money, rather less so for full asking I suspect. Given the stature of these a stated weight of only 23.5kg's suggests the build 'aint particularly substantial, given the four drivers per cabinet, large port & near full height grilles. Although they're 39'" high they're near 15" deep & 8 and three quarter inches wide At this price they'd make sense to pair with a decent £400/£600 integrated or as a front/main pair of speakers with a decently powerful/capable AVR.

I reckon finding a floorstanding speaker of this size that boasts a real wood finish at this price level BNIB at anything like this money elsewhere these days would be a tough ask, so material value for this much wonga seems pretty good TBH.

Also frequency response only down to 49hz @+/-3db is fairly unimpressive for a reasonably sized floorstanding enclosure with decentish sized bass & bass mid drivers. They also state a "low frequency point" down to 39hz?? Would this be port output perhaps?

The nominal impedence is stated as 8ohm, but Focal state an impedence dip down to 2.9ohms, so despite their 91.5dbw efficiency I suspect an amp capable of swinging decent current that is stable into lower impedence loads would be a good idea.

gintonic

Noise, distortion & faff
Wammer Plus
Apr 25, 2012
no where
AKA
simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Notice the deal comes from Nintronics - I've had excellent service from them when I purchased stuff from them. Last time I got some interconnects, and instead of posting one of their sales guys dropped them in to me on his way home from work as he noticed my address, and realised he drove past on his journey home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bugsaint