How long after switch off does your amp / amps power light go off ?

M

MJ.

Mine takes 24 whole seconds.

Count 'em, not 23 or 25, but 24 of those babies :eek:j: - a nice gradual fade from bright orangey yellow to nothing.

How do you measure up ?

C

Crazytrain

I may be missing something here MJ, but why are you so happy that your light goes out after 24 seconds and what are you doing timing it? :? It may however be me being a miserable git :)

M

MJ.

I think it's kinda important and pretty cool.

Before long everybody will be timing theirs, you'll see.

SergeAuckland

Certified Measurist
Wammer
May 6, 2008
Bury St Edmunds, UK
AKA
Serge
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As in many things in life, I assume longer is always better than shorter?
Overall, how long the lights stay on after switch-off doesn't mean anything in particular, as how long they stay on depends on where in the circuit they are situated, and what sort of amplifier it is. For example, a Class A amplifier will draw a heavy steady current so will discharge the reservoirs quickly, whilst a class B or AB amplifier will hod up much longer if no music is being played after switch-off.

Whist it may be satisfying to see the light stay on for a long time, it doesn't actually mean anything.

S

awkwardbydesign

Perfect, apparently.
Wammer
Mar 5, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, I'm up to 5 minutes now, and it's fading but not gone yet. I'm getting bored with this, if I had a life I'd get on with it.

7 and still fading. It's a Consonance C200, my standby while I update the valve amp.

I reckon it will be over 10 minutes before it's too dim to see. Not helpful if you need to know if it's on or off.

M

MJ.

Overall, how long the lights stay on after switch-off doesn't mean anything in particular, as how long they stay on depends on where in the circuit they are situated, and what sort of amplifier it is. For example, a Class A amplifier will draw a heavy steady current so will discharge the reservoirs quickly, whilst a class B or AB amplifier will hod up much longer if no music is being played after switch-off. Whist it may be satisfying to see the light stay on for a long time, it doesn't actually mean anything.

S
Killjoy !

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure the OP is ecstatic with his enlightenment :^
I am :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles