Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 23, 2013
Liverpool
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Watching one on the dreaded bay ATM because I am thinking of adding it to my TD160

How much do you think should be the average for just the tonearm

Is the big leap up from the RB300 I like this one because its stainless

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
An RB600 is an RB300 painted silver with RB900 leads. It is supposedly better made but the lead is thick and not a great match for suspended decks. As for their worth, it depends on who is bidding. More than a tidy RB300, less than a technoArm.

vacdac

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2011
Manchester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have you considered a Jelco SA750D?

Far more widely compatible with a greater range of carts than any of Rega's arms IMV & much more accurate/easier to tweak/adjust, although a 'Shuggie' after market arm collar is a prerequisite if you are in the habit/want to swap carts in/out regularly due to repeatedly accurate lack of azimuth errors* (*these can be reset w a H/shell that allows azimuth adjustment, but will need adjusting each time you change a cart otherwise. Here's the link to Hugo's*(*Shuggies) thread over on AOS>>> .http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?7359-Custom-Arm-Mounting-Collar-for-Jelco-SA-750-essential-for-setting-correct-azimuth.

I've used Rega arms fairly extensively in the past & my last arm wuz a Michell Technoarm, which is a ground up rebuild of an RB250, the Jelly 750D is far more capable with all the carts I have tried so far. In the case of my Ortofon Rondo Red it has unlocked potential I wasn't even aware of. On the Technoarm I always felt kit to be a little bland & ho-hum, undoubtedly civilised, just a little boring. It works a treat with the Jelly tho' & simply has more Joi de vivre & is now on the same page at least as my AT33EV. :stereo:

I've not actually heard the pricier RB700/RB1000, but have the RB600 & the newer RB251/301 & if buying new I'd be looking at the latest Audio Notes, or offerings from Jelco instead. Perhaps Roksans Nima would also get a squiz, although this is another which I am unsure how widely compatible they are. Rick & Stewart Banditpilot/Stewartwen have both run Nimas tho' so could advise I'm sure. :^

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zlatan