HP N54L Micro Server question, how to install Logitech Media Server?.

Wayne C

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2008
Hull, East Riding.
just purchased one of these servers and was wondering how to install LMS?, i currently have a Vortexbox system which is very easy to use, and as we know LMS is part of that package. I am thinking of installing Windows Server essentials to this server, but how do you install LMS on it please?, is it just a case of copying LMS to the HP micro server, like adding any program to Windows, I haven't used a windows based system since transferring to Macs around 3 years ago, and was wondering if I am likely to run into any issues.

thanks in advance

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Download the LMS server software and then install it. Server essentials may not be keen to download, depending on how you set up the browser and security. I usually download on another networked machine and copy it onto my WHS server then install. Server Essentials is expensive compared to WHS, which is still available. It may also be worth having a look at Amahi.

slavedata

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2009
Bottesford Melton
AKA
Dave Slater
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I originally had my HP running Vortexbox. Now days it runs windows 8 with Vortexbox running in a virtual machine. VMWare is free for personal use.

Wayne C

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2008
Hull, East Riding.
I originally had my HP running Vortexbox. Now days it runs windows 8 with Vortexbox running in a virtual machine. VMWare is free for personal use.
So your using it like a regular computer basically? How do you find this virtual machine benefits ? Isn't it like having two operating systems , running at once?, thanks

Wayne C

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2008
Hull, East Riding.
I upgraded it to 8gb of RAM the VM doesn't actually take a lot of resource.
Could you give me an idea of how this virtual machine works , sounds like a track by Depexhe Mode!!, what software do you use? And how do you implement it thanks?.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online