Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2013
Cheltenham
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I cannot stand this bloatware. Trouble is, my missus uses it all the time for her Zumba classes. It seems to do things that I cannot fathom or explain and it never seems to work how I want it

Example:-

When my missues loads up a CD to rip it, why does it stuff her music on my bloody playlist ? - GRRRR

Then.. there is the whole subject of how to get only certain songs I want onto my iphone and a different set of songs onto here iPod- bloody nightmare

HELP !!

Is there an iTunes trained killer / doctor within spitting distance of Cheltenham prepared to give me a quick run through of all the obvious stuff ?? Free beverages of your choice awaits along with hospitality second to none

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
The only advice I can offer is remove your hard disk and burn it. Once it's infected with this shit, it's screwed.

:td:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I sympathise as I too hate Itunes . Right with regards to what I can understand all the music you rip goes to your Library and this is shared by all Apple products you connect. To ensure that your individual iPads stay individual you need to go in to the settings and only stop all automatic synching of music from the Library and playlists this should all be manual only .

Then you need to when your player is connected go through the libray / Music on your player and delte all the tunes you do not want there . Once this is done you can then add only the tunes you want from the Library by doing a drag and drop on to your iPod avatar in the right hand list .

Not a complete cure but it will let you sort your iPod out and get rid of what you do not want .

AmDismal

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2007
If your wife wants to use it, let her - but let iTunes be hers alone. You use something different, something good, with your music and your playlists etc. There are plenty of solutions for music management (which include iPod syncing) that are not iTunes, and they all have one brilliant thing in common - they are not iTunes.

If you must use iTurd, consider adding a genre "Fred's iPhone" and "Wilma's iPod", and having the devices sync with music in that genre. There might be better ways, but that is an easy one to understand and control.

f1eng

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2009
Wantage, U K
AKA
Frank
I think iTunes has got worse and worse as time has gone on...

OTOH the problems you mention are easy to fix.

If you and your wife are both logged onto your computer as the same person then iTunes assumes you -are- the same person and puts all music ripped into the same library. If you want something different you will require 2 iTunes libraries, one for you and one for your wife then her stuff will be in her library and yours in yours.

It is esy to get different music on different iGadgets, but can be tedious.

When you plug the iGadget into your Mac a "button" at the top right of the iTunes toolbar will open. Click on that and the iGadget window opens. It has a summary page then a row of others, depending on what typoe of iGadget it is. Go from summary to music. Here there are lots of choices of what content to transfer from computer to iGadget, including entire library, selected stuff and so forth. Click on the Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres button and then select or deselect stuff by ticking its box. These selections are saved to the iGadget and can be different for every iGadget synced to that library.

Hope this helps.

G

Use separate libraries. IIRC you get the option to use a different library by holding down shift while iTurd starts up (on a PC, there is doubless a different Vulcan Death Grip on a Mac)

/g

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good luck with solution/use all things wisely/the earlier suggestion about setting-up with separate libraries/folders might assist. FME it is really necessary to use separate computers etc configured to each user's preferences.

iTunes is necessary only to buy otherwise unpurchaseable stuff, (about 38 songs in my case) or for best management of fashionable overpriced overhyped Apple hardware.

Maro73

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 10, 2010
Arras, , France
AKA
EDUN
Hello Folks

I used Itunes some years ago , ripped all my cds to wav , on the PC version of the product .. it was in 2005 .. a long before the democratisation of streaming ..

Well it was quite easy to rip etc ..

Then I passed to OSX .. and the itunes version of OSX , completely destroyed my library , mixing everything ..

At that time I didn't know that the WAV format didn't allow proper tagging , and that the tags were included n the xml file in itunes ..

So first problem was the manual recovery of the library .. takes time

First pissing off with itunes .. appke can boast to make easy software , but itunes is far from clear ..

Second thing , was that the CDs were baddly ripped , even if i used the error correction rips ..

Thirdly .. I discovered the FLAC with tags , and no bothering to use and classify ..

Then the arrival of better sofwares ..

What' s the point then .. itunes is crap for audio ripping .. and no so flexible

And the despotic nature of this software piss me off ..

AVOID itunes , this will be my advice

Cheers

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is quite posssible/easy to 'tag' your own files yourself (using e.g. words/numbers/pictures etc) without expecting automation of everything worthwhile. And for normal audio-computer usage I since 1989 prefer WAV for general-purpose interchangability etc, although obviously superior - e.g. Linn-type high-everything quality digital formats exist.

Automatic lover.

Find what suits you-your needs/significant relevant others.

As did the audio industry when it removed better sounding analogue and replaced it with inferior digital.

Clubsport911

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2013
Cheltenham
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There is some cracking advice here. Thanks to you all for contributing towards my pain.

Now I have developed a pathlogical hate of the shite-ware as my missues tells me that some of here stuff has "gone missing" (It's there on the HDD but itunes say "no")

I must say, If I were king for a day this would be in my top 10 to eradicate from the planet (along with a load of other jumped up apple cack)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online