I would like to post here

garyi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2005
, ,
But I use Safari on a Mac.Now in the recent software update for Mac OS Safari now complies with all web standards laid down.However this forum does not comply correctly and as such my posts will appear without returns, neither does it allow spell check from with OSX.So I will continue to post as the forum seems interesting but I will not be saying sorry for how badly my posts appear, I would suggest to the mods they insist that who ever produces this forum software insure it complies with standards and that they accept that not every one uses Explorer on a PC. Or perhaps change the forum software, it does not appear to offer anything different to other forum software out there.

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
Switch to Firefox man, Safari is nasty
smile.png

garyi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2005
, ,
Safari is not nasty in the 10.4.3 update it is just as fast as Firefox plus I do not have to deal with the hideous 'PC look' of firefox, or the crashes lol.

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
gary,

I user Firefox too and yeah it crashes but only occasionally.

This forum is a bit unusual though to navigate through on a mac and it takes a bit of perseverence but it is possible, just not as intuitive as other forums.

garyi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2005
, ,
Indeed, however I don't really want to change my browser to look at this forum, so if the mods are happy with poor software and I am happy that I have no returns to go with my poor grammer and spelling then so be it!

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
garyi wrote:

But I use Safari on a Mac.Now in the recent software update for Mac OS Safari now complies with all web standards laid down.However this forum does not comply correctly and as such my posts will appear without returns, neither does it allow spell check from with OSX.So I will continue to post as the forum seems interesting but I will not be saying sorry for how badly my posts appear, I would suggest to the mods they insist that who ever produces this forum software insure it complies with standards and that they accept that not every one uses Explorer on a PC. Or perhaps change the forum software???, it does not appear to offer anything different to other forum software out there.
Who caires about spellin on this fourum? We're into musac and hi-fi not speling corrcetly.

I am also not everyone and I use Explorer on a Mac, not on a PC. I am using an 11-year-old Mac clone on 2mb broadband. If you think your OSX isn't compatible, try using my OS8.6 - I have made it work and I get by.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Change to Mozilla if I were you mate, it's a much better browzer (soz, spell checkers not available on steam-powered Macs!)
biggrin.png
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

JonR

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 3, 2005
Herts
AKA
Unknown
Gary,

Your "grammer" and yer spellin' ain't up there with the best, it's true, but you still manage to make yourself understood - especially when yer angry ;->>

garyi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2005
, ,
Hehe I am always angry, I have no money and a baby on the way. There are so many shiney things in life that I want.

G

garyi wrote:

Hehe I am always angry, I have no money and a baby on the way. There are so many shiney things in life that I want.
we have a special section just for you then Gary, it's called the pub carpark, you can say almost anything ye like in there.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Im using an iMac G5 with 10.3.9 loaded...I find that safari works fine. Is that helpful? As to grammer and spelling, try a book called a dictionary for the latter; very useful.

garyi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2005
, ,
Well done rockmiester as you appear to be bucking the trend perhaps you know why you are able to use Safari with this website and I cannot?

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
sorry...not really expert on those things. I use safari 1.3.1 on OSx v10.3.9 and it works fine...I'm not sure what you mean by returns, and where's the spell check supposed to be? I don't use one.

Sorry to be unhelpful :Not Sure:

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
Ive no idea why 10.3 versions work and 10.4 don't but i can confirm that its a PITA using safari 10.4... Explorer is the least painful to use on a mac to browse this forum.. anyway gary, i thought you had one of those fuck off big monitors with room for plenty of windows to be open at once
wink.png
14-00000002.gif.828495f168ee75f09f640fa4f13bd3a2.gif

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
Firefox is easier to use than Explorer IMHO.

Just don't jump to the next version of anything until they have ironed the bugs out.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Garyi,

Do you reside in Brum by any chance? It's just that my name is Gary and my surname begins with i, and you are using a Mac. Spooky
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
:shock:
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

garyi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2005
, ,
Yes lots of room to see the bugs! By return I mean a carrige return to give you paragraphs, although I am pressing them they are not appearing.If you are in the process of typing a reply (In any other forum text input area of any web page infact) you can goto edit>spelling>check spelling as you type. This will now flag up any spelling errors in your replies (except this forum software)

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ah ha. Ok mine works (edit>sp>check spl) (although it just highlights errors and offers no solutions), so I'm afraid to say that Ants probably right? Its better than explorer though, which doesn't allow PM's at all (no option shown). Possibly, YOU were right in the first place; whoever runs this site needs to do some work on compatability!Ah well...back to the music!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles