Ikea : Cd storage.

G

Seriously as ourCD and DVD collections expand the big problem is where to put the buggers. So a big up to Ikea the pished Swedish store. Today bought 7 Oak Benno's which hold 188 cd's or 80 odd DVD's for £118.93 .:shock:Not only does this more than take care of my bugeoning cd and dvd collection it also encourages me to buy more as i now have more room to put them. Yes i know its pain to visit Ikea but when you consider what some people charge for cd cabinets and the like this place is a godsend to us audio fools.

51223_PE150712_S4.jpg

G

Actually used the Billy range before but these are superb. Put five of them together tonight but me cordless drill's buggered at the momentand the new one hasn't turned up yet so me pinkies are a bit sore from the allen key action. You know what us pen pushers are like. :hom:Mrs Duvet took the pish saying i was looking forward to transferring them all and making sure everything was in alphabetical order. As if .
rolleyes.gif.fd85f9fd5d171988ef004a59c04642db.gif

She's right though:oops:

G

If you live with someone else and don't have alphabetical order, it's difficult, you may know where fave discs are, but others don't put them back where they should, do when alphabetical though.
biggrin.png

BTW ikea do little shelf edge halogen lights, good on top of these bennos to allow you to see your collection better

G

Yeah i tried for a couple of those today but got the brush off.
wub.png
. Too geeky . Pah women

G

I just went to ikea, bought them and put them up, why did you ask?
smile.png

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
I'm doing great, been lurking whilst listening to music
smile.png

not had anything to imput really so kept the old gob shut.

System is sounding really nice to me now, chalk and cheese to when you heard it.

Johnboi

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Melbourne Australia
AKA
John
Duvet wrote:

Actually used the Billy range before but these are superb. Put five of them together tonight but me cordless drill's buggered at the moment and the new one hasn't turned up yet so me pinkies are a bit sore from the allen key action. You know what us pen pushers are like. :hom:Mrs Duvet took the pish saying i was looking forward to transferring them all and making sure everything was in alphabetical order. As if . :roll:She's right though:oops:
Very impressive. I've been thinking of something like this myself, and checking the Ikea catalogue, I see the Benno matches the Billy range, or at least catalogue pics show it together.

Also one can get an 'insert' thingy, for the Billy shelves, which also takes CDs, dividing the space up into little open 'boxes' a la Benno, albeit I don't think they're adjustable and hence take DVD's.

I'm assuming the advantage of the Benno over the Billy 'attachment' shelf thingy, would be adjustablity for DVD's, and it indeed looks to be very shallow, against the greater depth of the Billy?

As a matter of interest, how do you ensure stability so they (Full Benno) don't fall forward, and is there a method of 'tying' multiple Bennos together?

Looks great BTW, albeit I dread the dusting...
wink.png

Cheers

Best

John..
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

G

Johnboi wrote:

Duvet wrote:
Actually used the Billy range before but these are superb. Put five of them together tonight but me cordless drill's buggered at the momentand the new one hasn't turned up yet so me pinkies are a bit sore from the allen key action. You know what us pen pushers are like. :hom:Mrs Duvet took the pish saying i was looking forward to transferring them all and making sure everything was in alphabetical order. As if . :roll:She's right though:oops:
Very impressive. I've been thinking of something like this myself, and checking the Ikea catalogue, I see the Benno matches the Billy range, or at least catalogue pics show it together.

Also one can get an 'insert' thingy, for the Billy shelves, which also takes CDs, dividing the space up into little open 'boxes' a la Benno, albeit I don't think they're adjustable and hence take DVD's.

I'm assuming the advantage of the Benno over the Billy 'attachment' shelf thingy, would be adjustablity for DVD's, and it indeed looks to be very shallow, against the greater depth of the Billy?

As a matter of interest, how do you ensure stability so they (Full Benno) don't fall forward, and is there a method of 'tying' multiple Bennos together?

Looks great BTW, albeit I dread the dusting...
wink.png

Cheers

Best

John..
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
they link together at top, and each comes with a baracket to anchor it to wall, they also have a cutout at bottom to allow for most skirting boards.

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Maybe that cutout is good for skirting boardinSwedish houses, but I've always had to saw more off to get them over my skirting boards. One day I'll get an electric saw....

musicbox

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
Edinburgh
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
roll_with_it wrote:

Spot the odd one out... Sorry, I couldnt resist...
47_47.gif.482d183844f69ef6dec537ae753f214d.gif

Seriously though, it looks good! Very neat
So.... I bought 4 from IKEA one day, got home, one of them is the wrong colour.... ah sod it ifI'm talking it back to change it.

and until today- NOBODYNOTICED:grrr:.

roll_with_it

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2005
Middlesbrough, Cleve
Woah!Easy dude, just a little light humour! If it bothers you that much I would take it back.:lwink:

musicbox wrote:

roll_with_it wrote:
Spot the odd one out... Sorry, I couldnt resist...
47_47.gif.482d183844f69ef6dec537ae753f214d.gif

Seriously though, it looks good! Very neat
So.... I bought 4 from IKEA one day, got home, one of them is the wrong colour.... ah sod it ifI'm talking it back to change it.

and until today- NOBODYNOTICED:grrr:.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles