Imported package not arrived - next steps?

stevieb

Wammer
New Wammer
Aug 23, 2005
, ,
Hi all,

Slightly random however wanted to gain some insight into what my next steps should be:

I purchased a pair of speakers from Audiogon, they were sent on 09 November 2005 and were to be delivered in 4 - 10 days however they have not arrived yet. They were sentvia USPS (insured), in hindsight I should really have paid extra for a courier....
sad.png

The sender has chased USPS and they confirm that the package left Miami airport on 11 November 2005; there's no further trace unfortunately. He has sent me a scanned copy of the label/receipt which has been date stamped when accepted by USPS.

I fully expected there may be a slight delay however am genuinely concerned now.

What do Igo next? Do I contact Customs/Royal Mail? Do I ask the guy to press for a claim/refund of monies? Am I just worrying about nothing?

Any suggestions welcome,

StevieB:)

M

Mr Coherent

Steve,

If sent by Usps, they should be a tracking number with the customs delcaration note, also as insurance was paid there will be ref number

You can track it here

www.usps.com

stevieb

Wammer
New Wammer
Aug 23, 2005
, ,
Thanks Tone,

I've got the tracking number however it only tracks it up to its departure from America....

I'm at a loss as where to start from the UK side of things:Not Sure:. For example on the Royal Mail website they state that if you send an international parcel throught them then theonus is on the receipients country's post office to ensure delivery. I bet that doesn't count the other way round though.....

Cheers,

Steve

Picard

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yeh, the tracking number helps but sometimes this only tracks a package in the US. after that it's up to parcelforce. and don't think just because they said the package left miami it did. i recently was told a package left NA on a certain date only to learn that it actually shipped 2 weeks later. domestic postal services (eg USPS) are notoriously slow. patience is required. allow 4-6 weeks (it didgetsentby air, right?).

stevieb

Wammer
New Wammer
Aug 23, 2005
, ,
Thanks for the input....

Yep, it got sent airmail.....I've had three separate deliveries from the US (all ordered after the speakers) and they've all arrived okay.

I presume that if the friendly Customs people get their hands on them, I'll be contacted by Royal Mail/Parcelforce re: charges to pay before delivery.

Looks like I'll have to be a bit more patient! Out of interest, what sort of timescale would you wait before considering a claim for non-delivery?

Thanks again,

Picard

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
stevieb wrote:

Thanks for the input....Yep, it got sent airmail.....I've had three separate deliveries from the US (all ordered after the speakers) and they've all arrived okay.

I presume that if the friendly Customs people get their hands on them, I'll be contacted by Royal Mail/Parcelforce re: charges to pay before delivery.

Looks like I'll have to be a bit more patient! Out of interest, what sort of timescale would you wait before considering a claim for non-delivery?

Thanks again,

USPS will have a rule for claims. usually 30 days but best to check their website - or call.

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a guitar shipped USPS earlier this year. if you put the USPS tracking number into parcelforce's website, it should give you a corresponding Parcel number for the parcelforce delivery. I tracked mine to customs and then to the depot. at which point I went to collect it.. after all it was a friday afternoon...

stevieb

Wammer
New Wammer
Aug 23, 2005
, ,
Hi all,

Many thanks for all the helpful info & suggestions. I've been onto the Parcelforce website and tracked it to my local depot:D

Estimated delivery is 29 November, so we'll wait and see!

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
stevieb wrote:

Hi all,Many thanks for all the helpful info & suggestions. I've been onto the Parcelforce website and tracked it to my local depot:D

Estimated delivery is 29 November, so we'll wait and see!

thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

you might get a card asking for some money first, as there will be customs charges. they probably wont deliver it until you cough up. which Is why I went to the depot with a fistfullof cash. but I'm an impatient bugger
smile.png

stevieb

Wammer
New Wammer
Aug 23, 2005
, ,
I work near to the local depot so I intend to visit on Monday - will proof of ID/address suffice?

There will be charges - saw that on the tracking records....

supercapman

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Bath, , United Kingd
AKA
Chris
Customs charges normally amount to roughly 25% of the declared value, you could be charged VAT,import Duty and parcelforce clearance fee(Normally £12.50).If you phone parcelforce you will be able to pay by credit/debit card over the phone otherwise it's cash or cheque to delivery driver.

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
imagine so, I can't remember what I took, I was too excited about getting my guitar at the time.. :nerd:bills / bank cards etc should be enough. if you're paranoid, take yer passport
wink.png

think of it as being just like going to the post office depot to pick up the recorded del that they didn't bother to ring the bell for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles