Innocenti rarity...

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That is truly gorgeous:love: But I would have to have 3 so that I could have the Tricolore in my drive :^

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I love them, but from personal experience of Innocenti vehicles, you would need three in your drive not so much as to display the correct colour scheme, but rather to ensure that you had at least one that might work.

SMEagol

Middle Earthed
Wammer Plus
Aug 13, 2008
Lancashire
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reminds me a little of lancias and the iso rivolta. My fave car of all time is the iso grifo. Great thread, good taste!

JBCobra

Legend Wammer
Wammer
May 10, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Coupe%20on%20the%20road%20resized.jpg
:shock: :love:

julian2002

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 15, 2005
Lakeside Wixams
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Maybe it's different if you see them in the flesh but this 'boxy with a few curves' style of car leaves me cold. From that similarly shaped ferrari to the bmw 2002 they just look like a hillman imp with some chrome to me.

Give me something really pretty like an e-type or a cobra or a jensen or a daytona any day of the week.

johnniebaby

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 11, 2006
Midlands
AKA
John
Maybe it's different if you see them in the flesh but this 'boxy with a few curves' style of car leaves me cold. From that similarly shaped ferrari to the bmw 2002 they just look like a hillman imp with some chrome to me. Give me something really pretty like an e-type or a cobra or a jensen or a daytona any day of the week.
My thoughts exactly :dunno:

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There is an understated elegance in it's simplicity. It's pointless comparing designs. If it doesn't move you then you simply have no soul :p

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Maybe it's different if you see them in the flesh but this 'boxy with a few curves' style of car leaves me cold. From that similarly shaped ferrari to the bmw 2002 they just look like a hillman imp with some chrome to me. Give me something really pretty like an e-type or a cobra or a jensen or a daytona any day of the week.
I was agreeing with you until you mentioned the E-Type.

tones

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 10, 2006
Baselland, CH
AKA
Tony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wasn't Innocenti essentially BMC Italy for a long time? Is this a version of an MG Midget/Austin Healey Sprout?

julian2002

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 15, 2005
Lakeside Wixams
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No, not a problem, just stating my opinion on old boxy cars. The Imp was by all accounts a fun little car, I always think of it as the progeny of a mini that got knocked up by a 911. It's gonna be ugly as hell but will probably juggle your fun bits.

I just don't get all the love poured on these 50's and 60's cars that all seem to have been designed using graph paper and a set square. I'm sure some of them are a real hoot to drive but they look like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.

JPG

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2007
Bristol
AKA
James
I'm certainly not going to try and say that the Imp is a pretty car... ;-)

tones

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 10, 2006
Baselland, CH
AKA
Tony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm certainly not going to try and say that the Imp is a pretty car... ;-)
But it was not unattractive, and it was great fun to drive. Problem was, that engine kept going, in entirely the wrong way. An old university buddy had one, and from memory he had three major engine problems in 6 months. He eventually swapped it for another car with the engine in the wrong end, but a rather more robust one - a Beetle. The Imp will forever be a good little car badly built at the wrong time in the wrong place for the wrong reasons. No wonder Rootes went bust.

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
But it was not unattractive, and it was great fun to drive. Problem was, that engine kept going, in entirely the wrong way. An old university buddy had one, and from memory he had three major engine problems in 6 months. He eventually swapped it for another car with the engine in the wrong end, but a rather more robust one - a Beetle. The Imp will forever be a good little car badly built at the wrong time in the wrong place for the wrong reasons. No wonder Rootes went bust.
The imps engine was essentially a good one ..... Rally prep versions would rev to 10 000 rpm and sounded glorious. The basic design faulkt was that the radiator was at the side of a rear wheel ...but unlike the mini the fan sucked air into the engine bay whereas the mini blew the air out of the engine bay through the rad. A good idea to prevent the overheating issues that could affect minis......but sucking air from under the rear wheel arch into the engine bay via the radiator just filled the radiator core with mud and leaves etc....instant overheat, blown head gaskets and warped alloy cylinder head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles