Innuos crazy price increase

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Might be needed to balance the books . Less is being sold so raise prices on excising stock.

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Component prices have risen significantly and the pound is on it's arse. Imagine if you had absorbed supply cost increases over the last couple of years, given what's happening right now it perhaps wouldn't be worth getting out of bed unless you increase costs.

It must be a bloody nightmare running a business at the moment. I'm glad I'm not !

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In fact I'll add this. One thing Radio 5 does rather nicely is interview real people on any current news item. The interviewed a chap who ran, of all things, a company who sold model dinosaurs last week.

He was a lovely chap and outlined that all his purchases of stock were made in dollars and virtually overnight his orders had increased in cost by a significant margin.

It's not until you here these perspectives that you understand just how challenging it must be to be in retail right now.

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyway, got a bit serious there, I didn't mean to undermine your original post whizzy. I have to say I'm supporting local bussiness as best I can, well by that I actually mean my local 😉

• Haha
Reactions: DomT

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone who has bought forward in stock from various countries, but not yet paid, is right up the swanny. They're probably without a paddle because they can't afford one.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In fact I'll add this. One thing Radio 5 does rather nicely is interview real people on any current news item. The interviewed a chap who ran, of all things, a company who sold model dinosaurs last week.

He was a lovely chap and outlined that all his purchases of stock were made in dollars and virtually overnight his orders had increased in cost by a significant margin.

It's not until you here these perspectives that you understand just how challenging it must be to be in retail right now.
Indeed, but anyone buying significant volumes from (say) the USA should be ‘buying’ the dollars in advance so that they can budget more evenly. Or at least getting advice on forward rates.

That said, I can recall US Hifi gear costing close to $=£ even when the dollar was half the price!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles