SOLD

volante

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2008
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, I need to replace my trusty Advantage/Bladelius 100W p.c. @ 8ohm integrated amp that with its hefty transformer was very happy driving two pairs of bookshelf 8 ohm speakers at the same time . I don't need it to contain a DAC or streamer as I have separates for those functions. Would prefer class A/B rather than class D but keep an open mind having in the past had success with a Gato DIA-250S I used to own.It it has an A/B + A+B speaker function that would be a bonus but not essential as I can use an external switch. Possible candidates are Leema Tucana II, Bladelius, Hegel, Primare, Plinius, Bryston, high spec Marantz, Naim, PS Audio, Parasound Halo, Gold Note and any exotic German, Italian or Danish amps - other suggestions welcome. Please PM me if you have one you want to move on. Budget £2k or close. Based in London & W. Sussex. Thanks. Neil

petrichor

Wammer
Wammer
May 29, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would add ATC SIA 150 to your list. There are 2 on eBay for £2200 (Mk2) and £1700 (Mk 1), both same spec. 150W/8 ohms. I have one (not selling) and whilst only driving one pair speakers (Proac D30), plenty of power for 2 pairs although only has 1 speakers output.

Reactions: Nopiano

volante

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2008
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the suggestion petrichor. Actually I had thought about an ATC amp and saw the ones on eBay but I have never heard one and some people say they have a particular ATC sound (same comments some people make about ATC speakers, presumably because ATC are/were focused on professional studio use -kind of a marmite thing) so I am just a tad reluctant but will keep ATC in mind., and if it drives your Proacs well that's a good sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: petrichor

Spen ago

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2012
Warwickshire
AKA
Spencer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I may have a Denon PMA-850 Mk 1 available in a week or two, as I own two at the moment. Has capacity for two sets of speakers, plenty of current and challenges my Hegel H390 for sound quality. PM if interested.

volante

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2008
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I may have a Denon PMA-850 Mk 1 available in a week or two, as I own two at the moment. Has capacity for two sets of speakers, plenty of current and challenges my Hegel H390 for sound quality. PM if interested.
Spen, thanks for the suggestion. It's a great amp but I am looking for something younger. I appreciate most amps with A/B speaker switches are from an earlier period so I may have to settle for one without an A/B switch.

Reactions: Spen ago

Spen ago

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2012
Warwickshire
AKA
Spencer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

petrichor

Wammer
Wammer
May 29, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the suggestion petrichor. Actually I had thought about an ATC amp and saw the ones on eBay but I have never heard one and some people say they have a particular ATC sound (same comments some people make about ATC speakers, presumably because ATC are/were focused on professional studio use -kind of a marmite thing) so I am just a tad reluctant but will keep ATC in mind., and if it drives your Proacs well that's a good sign.
Not sure what the ATC "sound" is, never heard any ATC speakers but in my opinion the amplifier does not have any particular sound but is just "neutral" but no way sterile. It replaced my previous Luxman L505uX which was very good, smooth and gutsy, but the ATC was more detailed which I preferred. It runs warm but not hot due to highish class A bias.
Good luck in your search but as most advise try to demo before taking the plunge.

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
No idea how things work with driving two pairs of speakers simultaneously but if it's a high end powerful integrated you want then I have a Karan integrated in the classifieds - you won't find better under £2k.

volante

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2008
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks, Unclepuncle , I saw that and will give it some thought once I have received a few more suggestions

volante

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2008
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now sorted with a T&A PA1100E from Jack at The Audiobarn.
Thnks all for your suggestions.
Mods- please close thread - or can i do it?

volante

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 19, 2008
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks, and thanks - I missed the Sticky, although I did try but couldn't see how to change the prefix. I will read again!.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online