Is December a good time to sell on eBay?

G

Or would I be better off waiting til the new year or later?

Thanks in advance

PAG

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Wirral.
AKA
si
december is generally a great time for buyers, but a rubbish time for sellers on flea bay

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Defo the wrong time to be selling hifi on E-Bay imo.

Nintendo Wiis are a different proposition altogether.

I wish i could get one for a sensible price for my nephew.

Arfa

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 29, 2006
London, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I dunno you know. Just flogged my Cambridge Audio P500 power amp for 120 quid on eBay. Bugger all interest on the various forums, but someones now gone and paid out at the top end of what they've been going for. Made me a tidy little profit over the price I paid for it 2nd hand.
smile.png

E

Effem

Depends of course what you are selling. Hi-fi sells the best during the cold months of the year when folks are cooped up indoors when it's cold/wet/icy outdoors, so indoor entertainment like hi-fiis used more often

G

Effem wrote:

Depends of course what you are selling. Hi-fi sells the best during the cold months of the year when folks are cooped up indoors when it's cold/wet/icy outdoors, so indoor entertainment like hi-fiis used more often
yep spot on.

when i was into superbikes aswell as my hifi system, come winter i would mess around trying different kit and come spring i would mess around with the bike and garden.

MrSmith

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 26, 2006
London, , United Kin
bad time to sell, my nait 3 with mm phono board didn't make it's reserve when they had been making 275-320 the previous month. istia won an unused one for a bargain price mine which is mint topped out at 200.

buy more hi-fi now let the kids starve:^

Borats Baby

Wammer
Wammer
May 2, 2006
Warrington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, generally speaking a bad time to sell.

Expensive stuff at least, Reckon the cheaper stuff will still do quite well.

Best time to sell is the week after all the kids have gone back to school after the summer hols.

stickman

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 17, 2006
Manchester
AKA
Phil
It's a bad time to buy as well, maybe because people are saving their selling until after Christmas.

I'm sat here with a wad of cash bulging in my pocket, well metaphorically and there's nothing I can find that immediately jumps out at me.

New year's resolution no. 1 : buy new system!

New year's resolution no.2 : sell old system!

Craig

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Copenhagen
AKA
Craig
I'm not sure about this myself, and have held off on putting things on this month

From a casual look at my regular eBay searches, there are not as many items listed as usual

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online