The Scarecrow
Wammer
Mar 20, 2006
In a field
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am happy with my system but I keep finding myself looking at Naim items, why ?

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The glowing green badges have hypnotized you.

kernow

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 25, 2009
Devon
AKA
Shaun
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I am happy with my system but I keep finding myself looking at Naim items, why ?
Oh come on at least look at quad items :minikev:

rmsshipbroker

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
Yorkshire
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Nothing at-all wrong with Naim (well, apart from the fact I dont sell it ;-) ), and works well with ProAcs.Some of these poor old codgers on here have never got past the rather strident Nait3 of the late Palaeozoic... :roll:
Ah, the velociraptor of amps. :^

Samantha

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2007
South Lincolnshire
AKA
Samantha
Naim kit holds its value impressively well, so if you do want to scratch the itch, you shouldn't lose too much in the process.

Oldest bit of kit in my system now is a Naim CDP (and power supply) and it is a great bit of kit. I returned it back to Naim when it needed a repair, and for a few quid more, they serviced, replaced all the caps and installed latest firmware and it sounded better than ever on its return.

Cas

The Scarecrow
Wammer
Mar 20, 2006
In a field
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Liking the replies.

Kernow, funny you should mention Quad that was my other choice when I bought my Primare kit.

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's the British disease, of putting down any sign of success.
Read the thread again. Note the positive things said about the brand. Note the absence of anything negative about the brand. Not to everyone's taste, but most folks recognise the fact that Naim does what it does remarkably well.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Read the thread again. Note the positive things said about the brand. Note the absence of anything negative about the brand. Not to everyone's taste' date=' but most folks recognise the fact that Naim does what it does remarkably well.[/quote']

Zackly

Most people here recognise the strengths of naim kit. I think it's because we are brave enough to point out its shortcomings that everyone accuses us of having some kind of organised vendetta.

Hhaja if only I could control you all like that.

rmsshipbroker

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 4, 2012
Yorkshire
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Naim kit is awesome. But partner it with the wrong speakers (as they consistently do) and it sounds dreadful.
Agreed, I had the Nait 3 and Credos for 15 years and really enjoyed them. :shock:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online