Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Had the day off work yesterday to pick up my new Creek Evo CD player to go with my Evo Amp and Epos M5's.

Bloody thing didn't arrive at the shop until 3pm, by this time I had begun to think I would have to wait until today. Paul at Rochester HiFi was a true Gent once again on the business side of things.

Slotted the CD player into place straight away and it sounds very very nice. Much more depth than my old Sony, lots more bass and more detail.
yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif

I have spent the majority oftime today (in between shopping (FFS) and dropping off/picking up the kids) messing about with Interconnects,my new Tacima and speaker cables.

I decided tonight with the wife out and kids in bed, to stop fucking about and just listen to some music. It's sounds luuuurvly. Good job really as I have promised Mrs BB that I won't be spending anymore until we move house.
76.gif.3cbb85032d80aef89d0d9e373387958a.gif

Time for a beer I think.

Cheers BB

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
Nice one, so when are we coming over to yours for a bake off then?

In fact all of us local to Rochester should meet in there one saturday to geek out.

:nerd:

A

adam

Good choice the Creek Evo are exellent,the build and finish are quality.

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Ant wrote:

Nice one, so when are we coming over to yours for a bake off then?In fact all of us local to Rochester should meet in there one saturday to geek out.

Good idea Ant, some great gear in there that I would like to spend some time listening to. Usually have tribe of kids with me who insist on spinning round the swivel chairs next to a few grands worth of equipment:nerves:Doesn't make it very relaxing.

Bake off is a bit of a problem, my listening room is 12'x10'. Room for about 3 people.

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
adam wrote:

Good choice the Creek Evo are exellent,the build and finish are quality.
Cheers Adam, agreed. They sound mighty fine to me aswell;). I have had my Evo Amp and M5's for about 8 weeks, in that time the TV has become virtually redundant bar the odd sporting event.

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Uncle Bob wrote:

Pleased for you BB, enjoy the music and forget about the equipment (for a couple of months at least
wink.png
)UB
Thats what it's all about Bob. I will forget the equipment for longer than that I hope. This combo has so much rhythm I just want to listen and listen.

I hope I won't tire of it for a long time, it represents the most money I have spent on something just for myself for about 20 years.

Cheers BB

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
BB, nice system you have there now.

I've always enjoyed listening to Creek gear, no fancy frills just good sounding gear. Exactly as it shoud be.

Have fun listening to the tunes on there.

roll_with_it

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2005
Middlesbrough, Cleve
Hi BB,

Great system, I had the M5s and I know just how good they are:shock:. In fact, sometimes I still miss em. I've heard a good few speakers since, and only the M5s seem to let you forget about the hifi and enjoy the music.

Always wanted to hear the Creek stuff as well, bet it sounds awesome.

Enjoy:^

P.S. Been enjoying my Exposure CD player over the last couple of days, i'll start a thread for anyone interested.

Napoleon

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Cheshire, UK
Good choice BB! IMO the EVO stuff plays music better than the Destiny! I first heard Creek stuff (the kit now badged as 'classic') when I had just bought all my old Cyrus Kit (CD6, 8VS and PSX-R) and was looking for speakers, I was heartbroken! I was new to this hi-fi lark as I had never had enough money to upgrade before, the Cyrus was the last time that I EVER bought anything on the strength of a review! I'm happy with my lot now though...

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Ant wrote:

Nice one, so when are we coming over to yours for a bake off then?In fact all of us local to Rochester should meet in there one saturday to geek out.

Good idea will see paul in the morning and see about sorting it out there is loads of kit to play with, and as he has the Yorkmisters in stock on the end of 1000 watts mono blocks can show the sub owning wimps what real bass is

not a sub in the shop makes yer proud

SSM

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Tipoca City
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Napoleon wrote:

IMO the EVO stuff plays music better than the Destiny!
No, it doesn't...
smack.gif.67a6c7204929f2d6a3282863ab29d146.gif

But... although the Destiny pair is twice the price of the Evo duo, it isn't twice as good soundwise IME. Just25% better. (ah, but the valvers will say, its the first % that matters:p)

The EVOs are grrreat. I'm trying hard to find a reason to flog mine for another sidegrade, but found no damning reason to.
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Enjoy yer sleek slabs of steel, BB!
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

SS

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
Davewhityetagain wrote:

Ant wrote:

Good idea will see paul in the morning and see about sorting it out there is loads of kit to play with, and as he has the Yorkmisters in stock on the end of 1000 watts mono blocks can show the sub owning wimps what real bass is

See if he can get me a pair of Living Voice speakers to listen to
smile.png
And if he's still got that Grahm Slee Solo kicking around and wants me to buy it for peanuts
smile.png

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Ant wrote:

Davewhityetagain wrote:
Ant wrote:

See if he can get me a pair of Living Voice speakers to listen to
smile.png
And if he's still got that Grahm Slee Solo kicking around and wants me to buy it for peanuts
smile.png
Will ask about speakers but I bought the Solo but it was no peanuts best headphone amp I have heard use it a couple of times a week, did get a decent deal on upgrading the power supply, in fact thinking about it.......... did tell you I bought it

as before I bought Clearaudio phono stage use to have a Graham Slee one and had a thread on which would be best with upgraded power supply and you too part in thread :Coool: want to buy it then
wink.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles